Toronto, Ontario - Permanent
Our client is a division of one of the worlds largest mobile commerce platforms which produces over 2 billion transactions a year, the majority of which occur on mobile apps. They pioneered and are the leader of QR based mobile payments in India, with over 300 million customers, they started out by offering mobile recharge and utility bill payments, and today they offer a marketplace to consumers on their mobile apps.
Their scale offers a very unique set of challenges and they are innovation around data/capabilities essential to scale even higher. They work with much longer horizons and accept trial and failure as part of building the right solution. They are about solving problems that have little or no precedent. These challenges require lots of creative thinking based upon a very deep understanding of how software works. You should have a very high degree of comfort in a programming language of your choice.
We offer a flexible work schedule and you get your choice of tools(both hardware and software) and most importantly the opportunity to work on tough problems with the brightest minds around you!
What You Are Expected To Do:• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
• Build back-end system supporting mobile wallet, payment, and chat with Agile development.
• Understand concurrency, distributed computing, messaging and algorithm, and know the trade-offs between frequent delivery and technologies.
• Develop tools and contribute to open source wherever possible.
• Adopt problem solving as a way of life – always go to root cause!
Must Have Skills:
• Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 3-5 years equivalent experience in SaaS platform development
• Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Ruby, Scala, Java, C/C++ or Go.
• Learn new technologies and programming paradigms quickly.
• Implement platform components such as RESTful APIs, Pub/Sub Systems, Database Clients.
• Strong fundamentals in data structure, algorithm and object oriented programming.
• NoSQL experience.
• Experience with AWS services.
• Contribute to open source projects.
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.