Toronto, Ontario - Permanent
Our client is a high-growth and profitable technology company focused on financial media. They're currently looking for a User Experience Designer who can help them with their goal of becoming the leading source of web-based content & tools for sophisticated investors.
The User Experience Designer will report into their Design Lead and will be the driving force behind making our products more useful, delightful, and valuable to our rapidly growing user base. Your work will reach millions of engaged users across multiple web properties and channels. You’ll have quick access to real-world usage, and our data science team will help you gain insight to inform the next round of design iterations. Success in this role requires a strong eye for aesthetics, and understanding of how design drives business value, and a strong desire to work in quick iterations. This is an exciting time to join the team.
- Drive design processes and decisions in coordination with the rest of the team.
- Work with the product team to identify opportunities where design improvement can create business value.
- Combine both quantitative (metrics) and qualitative (user feedback) data to evolve designs that meet business objectives.
- Use wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, and other methods to communicate your design concepts with the team.
- Ensure a seamless user experience across multiple channels (web, mobile, email).
- Conduct occasional user research, interviews, and develop user personas.
- Competitive salaries, upward mobility and an opportunity to grow professionally with our company.
- Transportation allowance to/from work.
- A beautiful loft workspace.
- Competitive health & wellness benefits.
- A focused and hungry team of professionals who share the same vision and desire for success.
- Collaborative work environment built on respect, openness and intellectual honesty.
Must Have Skills:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- Excellent communicator - able to clearly articulate a design’s strengths & weaknesses.
- Excellent listener with a knack for asking good questions.
- Experience in UX, UI interaction design and information architecture.
- Deep understanding of web/mobile behaviors and trends.
- Driven by rapid iteration and releasing continuous improvements.
- Able to rationalize and defend design choices, but willing to adapt based on real-world usage.
- Some knowledge of consumer & behavioral psychology (cognition, motivation, etc).
- Comfortable with graphic design & aesthetics (typography, color, white space, alignment, etc).
- Expertise with design software (Sketch, Keynote, Omnigraffle, Adobe Creative Suite, etc).
- Experience using, building, design systems and UI component libraries.