Montreal, Quebec - Permanent
Our client is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join its highly skilled and industry-leading engineering team.
They have developed a platform, which leverages sophisticated Machine Learning algorithms and provides insights by means of patented risk-scoring logic and solutions for visualization of complex data structures.
They use an agile approach in the enterprise environment to allow for “continuous rollout” philosophy in order to deliver multiple releases per day each day every day.
About the position
Our clients platform covers fundamental aspects of data processing, targeting massive amounts of data coming from various sources, and requires a lot of engineering effort just to store. This is before tackling the even tougher tasks of processing a billion pieces of unstructured data in meaningful actional insights.
As a member of our DevOps team you will automate, improve and deploy this platform in a variety of environments ranging from external cloud infrastructure (AWS) to highly restricted client on-premise. But wait…it gets better as all the tools we build are part of a standalone product which can be used by the 3rd parties to create dedicated data lakes and solution rollouts.
Some of the tasks you will work on:
● Building a CI/CD Pipeline for our delivery process
● Deploying a Highly Available big data platform in complex hybrid environments
Authoring deployment logic to address different scenarios and edge cases
● Developing automation and tests for all our processes
● Working with many AWS services with an emphasis on complex hybrid architectures
This is how we do it now:
● We are all about commitment and results, so our working hours are flexible, and as our clients are in the financial sector, things can get pretty intense.
● Small dynamic feature teams with short development cycles and dedicated deadlines. There is no “corporate” hierarchy.
● We are serious about testing.
● Advanced Cloud DevOps platform allowing the creation of cluster configurations from a user interface
● Canary releases with continuous delivery to all clients. No version fragmentation in production
Must Have Skills:
● You think big, are self-motivated and get things done.
● You are passionate about engineering and fanatical about automation
●You take full responsibility for the quality of your work including code functionality and legibility
● You fearlessly accept difficult challenges to learn and improve
● An excellent collaborator and a team player.
● At least one modern configuration tool like Saltstack, Chef, Puppet, Ansible. Ansible is preferable
● At least one scripting language, Python is preferable
● RHEL based Linux distributions
● Operating System fundamentals and high-performance architectures
● Core AWS services such as EC2, S3, Route53, RDS
Nice to Have Skills:
● Elasticsearch, Hadoop, HBase, Mysql, Galera
● Mesos, Marathon, Docker, Consul
● Zabbix, Prometheus ● Jenkins, Gitlab
● AWS services like ELB, VPC VPN, and AWS API