Montreal, Quebec - Permanent
Our client is a division of one of the worlds largest mobile commerce platforms which produces over 2 billion transactions a year, the majority of which occur on mobile apps. They pioneered and are the leader of QR based mobile payments in India, with over 300 million customers, they started out by offering mobile recharge and utility bill payments, and today they offer a marketplace to consumers on their mobile apps.
Their scale offers a very unique set of challenges and they are innovation around data/capabilities essential to scale even higher. They work with much longer horizons and accept trial and failure as part of building the right solution. They are about solving problems that have little or no precedent. These challenges require lots of creative thinking based upon a very deep understanding of how software works. You should have a very high degree of comfort in a programming language of your choice.
We offer a flexible work schedule and you get your choice of tools(both hardware and software) and most importantly the opportunity to work on tough problems with the brightest minds around you!
Must Have Skills:
• You have previously worked on building serious data pipelines ingesting and transforming > 10 ^6 events per minute and terabytes of data per day.
• You are passionate about producing clean, maintainable and testable code part of real-time data pipeline.
• You understand how microservices work and are familiar with concepts of data modeling.
• You can connect different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before and follow the flow of data through various pipelines to debug data issues.
• You have worked with Spark and Kafka before and have experimented or heard about Flink/Druid/Ignite/Presto/Athena and understand when to use one over the other.
• On a bad day maintaining zookeeper and bringing up cluster doesn’t bother you.
• You may not be a networking expert but you understand issues with ingesting data from applications in multiple data centres across geographies, on-premise and cloud and will find a way to solve them.
• Proficient in Java/Scala/Python/Spark