Toronto, Ontario - Permanent
Our client is a publicly traded gaming company that specializes in video games and e-sports. They reach over 50 million gamers monthly via their own digital media properties and live events with unique, curated, and user-generated posts across websites, digital properties and social media channels world wide. They also own and operate Canada's largest gaming expo!
The code you write will be used by over 100,000 people per month and will have an immediate and visible impact on our users and overall business!
About The Role:
- Modernize, build and support websites.
- Work collaboratively in an agile environment, developing new features and fixing bugs for existing live platforms, re-architecting them using modern tools and frameworks such as ReactJS, NodeJS,
MongoDB and Kubernetes (all hosted on AWS).
- Create Custom Tooling
- In addition to the work on existing sites, you will also be building and supporting internal tools (including a homegrown CMS and video player and a programmatic digital ad code generator).
- These tools are in their infancy, which will give you lots of opportunity to build components from scratch and influence the technical direction.
- Currently the tooling leverages Kubernetes, AWS Lambda, ReactJS, NodeJS and MongoDB
- Write Digital Ad Code
- Set Up Modern Deployment Workflows
- You will have the opportunities to develop deployment automation workflows for existing and new code bases which will include setting up or migrating Git repositories to BitBucket and setting up
- Own your Code
- You will own the code you write through each step of the process, from deployment all the way to production. You will be working collaboratively with a team of developers, as well as the respective
Directors of Technology, Monetization, and Content. You will be working in Jira to make it easier to prioritize bugs and fix them quickly
- You are a problem solver
- You are comfortable with ambiguity
- You are a self-starter
- You are a person of integrity
- You have a growth mindset
- You are a great communicator
- Amazing Office space in the heart of the Yonge and Eglinton area
- Competitive salary
- Group Health and Dental Benefits
- Goodlife Gym Membership
Must Have Skills:
- 2+ years as a full time Software Developer
- Must have experience in the Ad-Tech space
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field.
would be sufficient
- Proficiency with MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server or another modern SQL database flavour is required
- Proficiency with MongoDB or another NoSQL database is required
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms is required
- Experience with digital ad tech (prebid.js and google ad manager) is a strong asset
- Experience with Kubernetes and the AWS suite is a strong asset
- Experience with Wordpress theme development is an asset
- Comfort working in a Linux shell environment is an asset