Ruby on Rails Developer
Ruby on Rails Developer
Toronto, Ontario - Permanent
We are a SaaS Company with an open office concept, brick and beam architecture in trendy King West. We are looking for both Intermediate and Senior Ruby on Rails Developers who love to solve complex problems.
Although we still consider ourselves a startup, despite having many recognizable international brands/companies as clients, we have been running based on profit for multiple years and our growth has been consistent and steady. We have never taken a dime of VC money so the entire company is owned by the employees.
Our current team is small but mighty and in this position you will be able to have a voice/impact in the continued evolution of our product.
In this role you will hands on contribute to the development of our core suite of applications for Internal Communication Specialists and Sales Teams across Canada and the United States.
If you are a professional who isn't looking to just be another cog within the machine, who tends to make their own path rather than following the path others have laid out in front of them then we may just have the ideal environment for you.
What’s In It For You?
• Very competitive base salary, with bonus (split company and personal performance), Equity Stock Options, etc
• 3 weeks vacation to start
• Full comprehensive benefit plan including whitening those potentially coffee stained teeth
• Gym reimbursement or running shoe reimbursement if hitting the pavement is your thing
Must Have Skills:
The ideal candidate is:
• Has 3-5 years experience in Software Development using Ruby on Rails (additional languages and web frameworks will also be considered - Java/Python, etc)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science; or in Engineering, Physics, or Math with strong CS experience
• Has taken on ownership and is interested in leading technical projects from inception to delivery
• Obsessive about testing and quality of work, working to eventually establishing a TDD culture of development
• Highly proficient with databases and SQL
• Experienced with web application and / or distributed systems development.
• Complete understanding of modern web standards and best practices
• Experienced integrating with external APIs
• Able to work collaboratively and independently
• Comfortable with agile development
• Interested in working at a high growth startup
• Understanding of the nuances and challenges related to scaling a startup
• Able to draw on war stories to improve our processes and architecture
Nice to Have Skills:
What Sets You Apart:
• You’ve configured and deployed apps on AWS
• Experience with Angular and/or React
• Back-end programming skills (specifically Java or C#) are great to have
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• A track record of great teamwork and the ability to work independently and drive projects to completion