Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
Our client helps organizations turn any data into fuel for their business. With the most diverse catalogue of data in the world, our client pulls public data from everywhere. They are an emerging force in enterprise data management and hold a unique space above their competitors.
Companies of all sizes are only just beginning to tap into the potential of available data. With internal data being made more accessible through the adoption of proper warehousing, and new streams of external data published daily, the world of data management has never been more dynamic and cumbersome Ė but there has also never been more opportunity.
We need a DevOps Engineer to join our team. Someone with expertise in Docker, Kubernetes and Linux and the modern day DevOps ecosystem. We are looking for someone that loves to use new tools and work on challenging problems, picking the right language or technology for the job. A DevOps Engineer who wants to focus on scaling our big data processing pipeline, entity resolution framework and data catalog system.
We donít want to put you in a box before you get here. We are looking for people who are passionate about programming and who love learning and using new tools and languages. If you are a highly skilled DevOps Engineer, we will make use of your strengths.
Whatís in it for you?
● The chance to make an impact. You will be empowered to make decisions and make a difference as a driving force on the team.
● Access to new tech. We donít shy away from bleeding edge tech. We encourage you to experiment, test and push the boundaries through research and development.
● New builds. You will utilize open source tech to build new, unique product features, addressing change requests and incorporating user feedback into the product roadmap.
● A clean slate. We have new ideas to develop and we are open to new concepts. This is a chance to develop products and APIs on a virtual blank page and introduce your own ideas for future products.
● A dynamic environment. We are a startup that works with enterprise companies. That means complex challenges that are continuously changing. Itís projects that quickly evolve as we respond to the demands of the environment and innovate to solve problems that might not even exist yet.
We may be technologically driven, but like any good Canadian we know the best ideas are thought of up north in a cottage. We currently do a 3-day retreat every year for mission setting, aligning with our goals, product management and team building. We usually do it in the spring or fall up at a cottage. Weíre not saying this involves a beer keg, guitars and campfires. But weíre not saying it doesnít.
We are managing our growth. We continue to promote and nurture the open, collaborative nature of who we are and how we work. And we donít just support each other in the office. The number of musicians in-house is pretty overwhelming, from big band trumpeters to death metal guitarists. Thereís always a co-worker with a gig coming up and we go out to cheer them on.
Must Have Skills:
So, how do we know thatís you? You can:
● Push us to the next level. With 3+ years hands-on experience developing enterprise apps, you bring expertise in deploying production Docker workloads with tools like Kubernetes.
● You are comfortable working with tools like Terraform, Helm, Ansible, and Jenkins (or other CI tools) amount other tooling aided in deployment.
● Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, and RabbitMQ are technologies you love to work with (the more the better) and it is a major plus if you have experience with the Hadoop ecosystem as well.
● Experiencing working with microservice architecture is a major plus and all the tooling that goes along with it (such as Opentracing, Jaeger, Istio, etc.)
● Experience using tools for observability and analysis such as Prometheus
● Experience building software in Java, Go, Ruby, and/or Python is always a plus because these are languages we use every day.
● Innovate solutions to complex problems. Communication and decisiveness are key as is the ability to weigh the opinions of others. You can confidently make
infrastructure design decisions.
● Collaborate. You can mentor the team, work autonomously and as a contributing team member.
● Evolve with us. The landscape is being built under our feet as we move forward, so we need people who can channel their passion, learn quickly and navigate the unknown at top speed.
● Enjoy being a social team member. We have many events at the office and outside and love to talk shop about the ecosystem we work in every day;
related or unrelated to the specific work we do.