Vancouver, British Columbia - Contract
Our client is looking for a Data Engineer/Scientist to work on a project.
Project details: Support customer service request;
Able to combine expertise of advanced data analytics strategies and technologies to systematically extract, compile and develop vast amount of unstructured data from multi-channels and sources. Required to create quantitative models to generate insights and actionable opportunities with customer initiatives.
The Data Engineer/Scientist is able to tell the story effectively and influence how the business approaches their business challenges and opportunities.
You will be working as part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions.
As a custodian of customer trust, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our customers.
Our development team uses a range of technologies to get the job done:
Microsoft BI stack with SQL engine, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and Power BI, Microsoft .Net and web development technologies.
You will be part of the team supporting customer initiatives and introducing latest BI technologies including machine learning.
You are a fast learner, highly technical, passionate data engineer looking to work within a team of multidisciplinary experts to improve your craft and contribute to the data development practice.
● Learn new skills & advance your data development practice
● Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the analytics pipeline
● Assist in evaluating technology choices and rapidly test solutions
● Assist the outcome teams in understanding how to best measure their web properties
● Collaborate closely with multiple team in an agile environment
You're the missing piece of the puzzle:
● A passion for data
● Interest and ability to learn new languages & technologies as needed
● Familiar with the execution sequence of ETL Flows
● Basic understanding of data warehouse, data lake, OLAP and OLTP applications?
Must Have Skills:
● 7 years of relevant experience;
● Experience with Big data related tools and technologies;
● Experience with SQL, Unix, Shell scripting;
● Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Domo.
Must have skills:
1. Microsoft BI stack technologies including SQL server, SQL Server Integration services, Analysis Services, Reporting Services and Power BI;
2. Big Data tools and related technologies;
3. Microsoft R;
4. Understanding of data warehousing, OLAP and tabular model.
Nice to Have Skills:
Nice to have skills:
1. Data visualization tools from other vendors such as Tableau, Domo, Spotfire software;
2. Programming language with .Net;
3. PowerShell scripting;
4. Data Analysis Expressions (DAX);