Toronto, Ontario - Permanent
This company saw that e-commerce infrastructure on the internet is fragmented and broken. Their platform provides a world-class buying experience to all online businesses by eliminating the massive operational overhead and technical debt associated with online checkout and payments. They enable customers to buy instantly and securely across the internet. To solve such an enormous problem, they’ve put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it.
They are looking for an experienced product manager. To excel in this role you will need to be principled in your thinking, a technical and subject matter expert, customer and quality obsessed, and willing to make big bets. You will partner with engineering, design, data science, and other cross-functional teams to drive short term results as well as long term innovation. Lastly, you need to be comfortable moving into uncharted territories building product and features outside of your areas of expertise.
Must Have Skills:
- Create a compelling vision and associated narrative for the long-term future of your product area.
- Seek out customer, data, and design-driven insight and use that insight to create clear plans, priorities, and goals
- Consistently deliver high-quality new products and features while improving the reliability of what already exists
- Set audacious goals for your team’s impact on the overall organization and regularly hit them
- Serve as the domain expert for your area. Understanding the landscape and what has been done as well as where those areas are going and how they can differentiate
- Speak the language of the engineering, design, data science, and go-to-market functions to coordinate complex cross-functional initiatives
- Fill the gaps in the aforementioned cross-functional areas as needed
- 2+ years of experience as a product manager at a successful tech company
- A clear history of delivering high-quality products
- Domain expertise in engineering, machine learning, design, data, and go-to-market
- Strong communication skills and storytelling ability
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience in payments and ecommerce a plus