Montreal, Quebec - Permanent
We are looking for a Software Architect/Technical Lead with an impressive track record in not just building massively scalable and flexible data platforms but also leading a world class engineering team. You’ll be in-charge of managing a group of talented engineers building massively scalable software and data systems. You are expected to guide, mentor and get the best out of them while having fun.
Must Have Skills:
• MS or BS/B. Tech in computer science from renowned university or equivalent experience.
• 7+ years of strong software design/development experience in building massively large scale distributed internet systems and products.
• 7+ years of hands-on experience in advanced Java, Scala, Python, or any other languages
• 3+ years of experience in data structure, data transformations, and fundamental algorithms.
• 5+ years of experience and knowledge of open source tools and frameworks, broader cutting edge technologies.
• 2+ years of experience with Hadoop, NoSQL (Dynamo, Cassandra, HBase, etc), Spark, or other distributed computing technologies.
• Should be an active contributor to developer communities like Stackoverflow, Topcoder, Github, Google Developer Groups (GDGs), Apache, etc.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; strong writing and speaking skills.
• Must be a proven performer and team player that enjoy challenging assignments in a high-energy, fast growing and start-up workplace.
• Must be a self-starter who can work well with minimal guidance and in fluid environment.
Responsibilities:• On a day to day, you’ll conduct architectural reviews with one or more teams and brainstorm on methods to solve technical challenges.
• You will proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend appropriate solutions, perform functional and code reviews in related areas within and across product engineering team.
• Prioritize and balance short-term versus long-term actions, strategic versus tactical requirements, while continuing to move forward towards the strategic vision.
• Establish and maintain great rapport with globally distributed development teams, Product Owners, QA and others to maintain high levels of visibility, efficiency, and collaboration.
• Provide technical leadership to choose the best technologies, components and architectures for next-generation platforms.
• Be a thought leader and mentor the engineering team on technical, architectural, design and other related issues.
• Attract, recruit, and retain high quality and diverse engineering talent.