Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer
Toronto, Ontario - Permanent
Our client is known as being 'the answer company'. They provide authoritative content, advanced technologies and human expertise to help their customers to find trusted answers. They enable professionals in the legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Corporates Legal group is looking to add a Site Reliability Engineer to the Operations team. The purpose of this role is to leverage tooling and automation to build and maintain operational workflows that help increase site reliability and overall performance.
Legal Tracker is an industry leading corporate legal solution with focus in matter management, e-billing and analytics. As a SaaS offering, this product caters to over 1300 corporate legal departments in North America to streamline operations, control spend and get complete visibility into the legal landscape.
Summary:· Drive to automate and take ownership of cloud based infrastructure
· Bridge integrations with development and operations teams
· Design and manage infrastructure-as-code
· Participate in on-call support rotation
· Monitor and help troubleshoot customer support tickets and requests
· Maintain technical competency through self-guided study, and regular training
· Automate common or complex tasks via scripting
· Contribute to overall success of Operations by performing all other essential duties as assigned
· Identify new technologies and alternative approaches to enhance security, reliability, performance and customer experience
Must Have Skills:
· Minimum Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Technology Stack: Microsoft Products (.NET, SQL Server, Azure), Kubernetes
· Experience automating software build, deployment and server configuration management using tools such as Puppet, Chef and Jenkins
· Experience in Windows System administration, database (relational and NoSQL), web servers (Apache, IIS), networking and storage technologies
· Strong scripting (Python, PowerShell) skills with a mindset of automating routine repeatable tasks
· Experience with Cloud technologies and Azure platform
· Experience with monitoring, and alerting tools (Datadog, SolarWinds, Azure Monitor)
· Supported 24/7 multi-tenant systems, preferably for a SaaS application
· Involved with support of a complex architecture
· 3+ years in Infrastructure Development and Operations roles
· Motivated self-starter, reliable, dedicated, with scheduling flexibility
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills
· Security-minded and strong customer service orientation
· Ability to work with users at varying levels of technical expertise
· Must be able to apply experience, logic, and imagination to make sense of situations that arise and develop solutions that solve problems.
· Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other IT staff, business stakeholders, and vendors.
· Proficient written and verbal communications skills.
· Must be well organized and have good attention to detail