Toronto, Ontario - Permanent
Some massive industries are, to the frustration of most people within them, still run on paper.
Our client partner has found one such segment within the construction and trucking industry that also happens to be rife with data. With several exciting large scale pilots already underway, and only one competitor in North America, they are building a platform that solves significant pain points in the short term, and, going forward, sets the foundation for a product roadmap based on machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Now, as the user base continues to scale and the platform evolves, the team is looking for a DevOPs Engineer to help them continue the best practices that have contributed to their success so far.
What You'll Do
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and fix production software issues
- Develop monitoring solutions, perform software maintenance and configuration
- Analyze our growing system logs
- Perform SQL queries, update, track and resolve technical challenges
- Build and develop tools which will automate daily operational activities
Must Have Skills:
- 3+ years of experience with automated provisioning, Cloud Infrastructure, Continuous Integration, Deployment Pipelines
- Experience in scaling software platform on Amazon Web Services
- Experience in UNIX/Linux operating system
- Experience in database architecture and perform SQL queries
- Experience with Docker
- Have mastered Git
- Willingness to learn new things
Nice to Have Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- AWS Certification
- Experience with Kubernetes, EKS, Lambda, KMS, IAM etc.
- Experience with supporting SaaS platform with mobile applications
- Experience with APM
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues