Senior Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineer
Toronto, Ontario - Permanent
Join a leading education technology company that’s transforming lives around the world.
Our client is a Silicon-Based company that has opened its second HQ in Toronto 6 months ago. They’re hiring Software Engineers to join their new Toronto team.
The team works on the enterprise product which is used by companies and governments around the world who need to train and up-skill their workforce. The team is responsible for building the entire infrastructure for our enterprise business. This includes, but is not limited to, contract management, tools for user management, dashboards to demonstrate the value of the product, reporting, and various API integrations that their clients need to integrate with them.
Must Have Skills:
- Architect scalable data models and build efficient and reliable ETL pipelines to bring the data into our core data lake
- Design, build, and launch visualization and self-serve analytics products that empower our internal and external customers with flexible insights
- Be a technical leader for the team; guide technical and architectural designs for the major team initiatives; mentor junior members of the team
- Build data expertise, and partner with data scientists, product managers and engineers to define and standardize business rules and maintain high-fidelity data
- Define and partner with other engineers in the development of new tools to enable our customers to understand and access data more efficiently
- Work cross-functionally (eg: product managers, engineers, business teams) to support new product and feature launches
- 5+ years experience in a data-related field, including data engineering, data warehousing, business intelligence, data visualization, and/or data science
- Strong data engineering skills and at least one scripting language (e.g., Python)
- Proficient with relational databases and SQL
- Familiarity and experience with big data technologies (eg: Hive, Spark, Presto) preferred
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Independence and passion for innovation and learning new technologies