Our client is a high-growth and profitable technology company focused on financial media. They are currently looking for a Product Designer who can help them with their goal of becoming the leading source of web-based content & tools for sophisticated investors.
The Product Designer will report into their Design Lead and will be a driving force behind making their products more useful and delightful to their rapidly growing user base. Your work will reach millions of engaged users across multiple web properties and channels including their flagship brands.
Success in this role requires a strong eye for aesthetics, an entrepreneurial spirit, an understanding of how design drives business value and a strong desire to work in the financial media industry. This is an exciting time to join the team.
- Drive design process and decisions in coordination with the rest of the team of product designers, developers, and financial content analysts
- Work with the product team to identify opportunities where design improvement can create business value
- Combine both quantitative (metrics) and qualitative (user feedback) data to evolve designs that meet business objectives
- Use wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, and other methods to communicate your design concepts with the team
- Ensure a seamless user experience across multiple channels (web, mobile, email)
- Conduct user research, interviews, and develop user personas
Why you should join the team?
- Competitive salaries, upward mobility and an opportunity to grow professionally with the company
- $100 / month commuting benefit
- A newly architected full-floor office space at King and Yonge St.
- Health, dental, vision
- We are a focused, hungry team of professionals who share the same vision and desire for success
- Collaborative work environment built on respect, openness and intellectual honesty
Must Have Skills:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent with 3 years of work experience
- You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- You embrace change - you arenít afraid to throw out the old and try something new
- Passionate about shipping high-quality experiences, and fast
- Works well autonomously, with little direction, and is a strong collaborator
- Enjoy ownership of the full product development process, from discovery to production
- Excellent communicator - able to clearly articulate a designís strengths & weaknesses
- Self-starter - you donít sit around waiting for the next task, you find it
- Excellent listener with a knack for asking good questions
- You have expertise in all areas of UX, UI, interaction design, and information architecture
- Deep understanding of web/mobile behaviors and trends
- Driven by rapid iteration and releasing continuous improvements
- Able to rationalize and defend design choices, but willing to adapt based on real-world usage
- Some knowledge of consumer & behavioral psychology (cognition, motivation, etc)
- Passionate about visual design & aesthetics (typography, color, white space, alignment, etc)
- Impeccable eye for detail and ability to produce pixel-perfect mocks
- Expertise with design software (Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Experience using, building, design systems and UI component libraries
- Bonus: finance experience or experience working with a finance product