VP of Product
VP of Product
Toronto, Ontario - Permanent
Our client is a division of one of the worlds largest mobile commerce platforms which produces over 2 billion transactions a year, the majority of which occur on mobile apps. They pioneered and are the leader of QR based mobile payments in India, with over 300 million customers, they started out by offering mobile recharge and utility bill payments, and today they offer a marketplace to consumers on their mobile apps.
Their scale offers a very unique set of challenges and they are innovation around data/capabilities essential to scale even higher. They work with much longer horizons and accept trial and failure as part of building the right solution. They are about solving problems that have little or no precedent. These challenges require lots of creative thinking based upon a very deep understanding of how software works. You should have a very high degree of comfort in a programming language of your choice.
We offer a flexible work schedule and you get your choice of tools(both hardware and software) and most importantly the opportunity to work on tough problems with the brightest minds around you!
Responsibilities:• Help define and prioritize product challenges and opportunities
• Help manage the product development lifecycle; develop detailed functional specifications for existing and new products
• Co-ordinate with internal stakeholders across functions to understand their needs and synthesize requirements for development teams
• Develop a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
• Participate in sprint planning and review to track progress
Must Have Skills:
• Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science and/or related field
• Professional experience in a product management or analytical role
• Have an extreme bias towards action basically, you need to have the Get Shit Done attitude
• Solutions orientated within a high-energy and fast-paced work environment
• Exceptional customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features
• Possess excellent oral, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills