Senior Front End Developer
Senior Front End Developer
Toronto, Ontario - Permanent
Our client is a publicly traded gaming company that specializes in video games and e-sports. They reach over 50 million gamers monthly via their own digital media properties and live events with unique, curated, and user-generated posts across websites, digital properties and social media channels world wide. They also own and operate Canada's largest gaming expo!
What You Will Do:
- Design and architect; Explore and champion available technologies and design solutions to continuously improve web site speed, quality and scalability.
- Create custom tooling; You will be building and supporting internal tools, including a homegrown CMS and video player, and a programmatic digital ad code generator. These tools are still maturing, which will give you lots of opportunity to build components from scratch and influence the technical direction. Currently our tooling leverages Kubernetes, AWS Lambda, ReactJS, Node.JS, MongoDB, to name a few of the technologies you will get to use.
- Own it; You will own the code you write through each step of the process, from development all the way to production deployment. You will be working collaboratively with a team of developers, as well as the Director of Technology, Director of Monetization, and Director of Content. You will be mainly working in Jira to make it easier to prioritize bugs and fix them quickly, but sometimes you may need to just get the job done.
Who You Are
- You are a problem solver; you can make your way into the abyss and then find your way out again. You know how to make good decisions with limited information, and correct your course as needed.
- You are comfortable with the unknown; we are well-funded and organized, yet still have many exciting characteristics of a startup charting new paths. You need to be comfortable working in an environment that will continue to evolve.
- You are a self-starter; you relish the opportunity to identify needs and take action, without being explicitly told to.
- You are a person of integrity; honesty, trust and ethical decision-making are at the core of who we are. These values are important to you and you model them in your decision making and in your interactions with colleagues, customers, and stakeholders.
- You have a growth mindset; you are continually honing your craft, and keeping up with the best tools for the job.
- You are a great communicator; you shine when you are able to pass on knowledge and gather requirements from stakeholders. You are able to articulate your thoughts very clearly, with various audiences such as managers, peers, and clients.
- Join a collaborative team in a newly renovated office steps away from the subway and surrounded by diverse restaurants, cafe's, and beautiful parks (the role will be remote for the time being)
- Access to group health and dental benefits and a Goodlife Gym Membership
- Tremendous opportunity to join at the ground level of a company that is poised for massive growth
Must Have Skills:
- Experience optimizing website performance leveraging edge computing (CDNs) and cloud computing