Toronto, Ontario - Permanent
Our client is a marketplace that allows independent retailers to purchase products directly from the world's best craft brands to carry on their shelves.
They are using a combination of data analysis and curation to match retailers with their next best selling product. The platform they've built is something big. They are transforming retail, and as an individual, in the company, you would be getting in at a time where you would play a large part in the company's success. The work that you will be doing will have a direct impact on the trajectory and performance of the company. They will invest in you, help you be better, and allow you to be a part of the process.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Developing solutions, building new experiences, features, and supporting architecture
- Making architectural decisions and implementing them to create a solid foundational core of the product
- Collaborating with product, design, sales & marketing team members to find the best technical solutions to their business problems
- Mentoring team members make informed decisions, ship effective code, and grow as developers
- Operating & monitoring the code in production
This role will be reporting into the Team lead, Engineering.
Must Have Skills:
What we're looking for in you!
- 5+ years of experience working in OO languages
- Strong system and architecture design skills - you've built complex applications with others
- Well versed in Agile engineering practices
- You're a creative problem-solver and likes things to be done the right way
- You're interested in understand and solving real business problems
- Strong understanding of relational databases and interacting with them through raw SQL queries or abstractions
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience in the retail or eCommerce sector or in two-sided markets.