Senior Product Designer, Educator
Senior Product Designer, Educator
This job allows you to work remotely
Join a leading education technology company that’s transforming lives around the world.
Our client was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 190 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with them to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 40 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,800 companies use the company’s enterprise platform to transform their talent. They're backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
Must Have Skills:
As a Senior Product Designer with our client, you will have the opportunity to take a lead role on the team creating experiences for their Content Platform, the backbone serving complex authoring and content management workflows for Educators and Industry Partners who create content for learners in the Consumer, Enterprise & Degrees businesses.
The experience of authoring and managing courses is inherently challenging with multiple players involved during the process. Your job is to create simplicity from complexity; map real-world scenarios to tasks and workflows, understand the complex backend framework that supports these interaction patterns and influence everything from micro interactions to the most complex system design challenges. As the Coursera product offering grows, our goals are monumental and we need extraordinary designers to realize them.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Leverage your product, interaction, and visual design skills to create delightful experiences that empower our users
- Partner with product managers, engineers, data science, and research to create a product from the initial definition to shipping and beyond
- Iterate on design to arrive at optimal solutions considering timelines, feasibility, technical and business constraints
- Envision new experiences based on user insights and product goals
- Design for multiple projects at a time, managing time, goals, and cross-functional collaboration effectively
- Work with substantial autonomy across multiple teams and business lines
- Detect opportunities to collaborate with designers across teams and help evolve the culture of knowledge sharing within the team
- 6-10 years of experience in shipping complex products
- Strong desire to have a large stake in a deeply collaborative team
- Able to design end-to-end experience for workflows starting with information architecture, user journeys, concept sketches to high fidelity designs
- Able to work with engineers to understand client-side and backend framework constraints and capabilities and come up with feasible solutions that don’t compromise the experience.
- Ability to articulate your design approach and decisions with verbal and visual communication skills.
- Strategic mindset and the ability to formulate strong points of view that advocate for the user, balancing business needs and data metrics with the user’s experience
- Practiced in design research methodologies and the ability to collaborate closely with the research team
- Able to produce quality design concepts quickly, open to feedback, and can translate feedback rapidly into design iterations