Senior iOS Developer
Senior iOS Developer
Toronto, Ontario - Permanent
Our client is a mobile media organization that develops, among other things, one of the most widely used B2C mobile applications to ever come out of Toronto.
They are now supporting in excess of 270 million active users and climbing. This growth has put them on the world stage and demands globally competitive innovation from their mobile engineering team. You will be presented with an opportunity to master your craft under the guidance of the most respected members of the mobile development community. All this comes with an uncharacteristic respect for work-life balance, and an education in engineering best-practices.
You will be working with a team of skilled, intelligent, friendly and dedicated developers in one of Toronto's most highly regarded mobile product shops. This is an opportunity to contribute to a world-class product and impact more than 270+ million users, with a talented, tight-knit engineering team.
They rapidly iterate by using an Agile approach to software development along with continuous integration, manual and automated QA. They use code and design reviews to maintain a high level of quality in the app. Their codebase includes mostly Swift with some Objective-C. They also adopt new releases of iOS immediately and are always looking to push the boundaries of the platform.
Culture and collaboration are huge here. They value continuous personal improvement and encourage team members to attend conferences, host meet-ups and give talks. They open-source their code when possible and maintain an engineering blog in order to give back to the community.
Typical Work Day:
• Work with the product team to design, architect, and ship their amazing applications.
• Implement polished user interfaces with the help of the design team.
• Improve code through refactoring and applying modern design patterns.
• Work with other engineers through technical collaboration, discussion, and code review.
• Solve difficult problems related to large data sets and responsive UIs.
• Help the QA team to automate testing and continuous integration.
• Keep up to date with the latest advances in iOS development.
- Competitive compensation.
- Share Purchase Plan.
- Comprehensive Benefits.
- Amazing office space (for when things go back to normal)
- Top of the line equipment
- Ongoing education fund, access to conferences, etc.,
Must Have Skills:
- Experience building native iOS Apps (5 years ideally)
- Experience working with Swift, Cocoa, and Objective-C
- Experience developing top notch UI's
- Experience integrating API's and back-end services with mobile applications
- Experience working with Git
- Experience working with large native code bases with significant amounts of complexity
- Solid understanding of OO design, software development principles, and design patterns
- Solid knowledge of concurrency best practices (and its downfalls)
- You must be very proficient with profiling and debugging tools
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, and/or equivalent experience
- Have a passion and track record of delivering clean, organized, testable and highly performant code