Senior QA Analyst
Senior QA Analyst
Toronto, Ontario - Permanent
We are seeking empathetic, detail-oriented people who are passionate about building excellent products. People who will seek out and destroy software bugs. Every day, our Software Engineers and Product Designers will rely on you to understand our products, execute test plans, and write succinct bug reports. We want someone who's ready to help us push the envelope on new features, and who's ready to teach anyone on our team and learn from anyone on our team.
You know that testing is just one part of Quality, and you will expand and blow the minds of those around you with alternative ways beyond testing that will help us improve the quality of our Products
- Support/lead/mentor/coach/do/champion your squad(s) Quality.
- Coach/Mentor Software Engineers to improve their quality work.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases for the different systems and integrations - with your Squad(s).
- Review test deliverables - test scripts, automated test scripts, and test status reports.
- Update regression and smoke test suites for automation and manual testing.
- Submit, escalate, and track defects found during testing to ensure they are resolved.
- Assist with the investigation and reproduction of issues to assist engineers.
- Provide detailed test reports during and at the end of each development cycle/sprint.
- Populate quality metrics pertaining to acceptance criteria, test execution, regression automation, and defects at different stages of product development.
- Lead specialized projects, identifying areas for improvements and working with engineering management to implement.
- Secure and safeguard data to preserve its integrity, reliability, and availability and ensure appropriate access levels are maintained.
- Support the automation of testing.
Must Have Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent with 5+ years experience as a software tester.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with test automation tools including Cucumber, Java, Kotlin, Python, Ruby, Selenium.
- Experienced software tester with scripting or test automation knowledge.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.