Data Science Lead
Data Science Lead
As a Data Science Lead, here's what you'll be doing:
- Be a Player and Coach for Data Science Squad.
- Be part of a cross-functional data organization that includes data science, infrastructure, and data engineers.
- Dig in and understand our products and business process, as well as how our customers via analysis of large heterogeneous data sets.
- Research, design, and deploy machine learning models.
- Collaborate with team members across the business (engineering, product, design, marketing, supply, PR, and verticals) to define and implement creative solutions and data products for experiments and analysis that will exponentially grow our business. For example:
- Work with product and marketing to analyze behavioural patterns and ideate on strategies for increasing new customers and overall customer retention.
- Design and build data visualizations and dashboards used across the business.
- Evaluate new data sources and/or new data science technologies in the business environment.
- Act as a key contributor across the organization by clearly articulating data-driven recommendations and insights quickly and concisely, therefore improving and/or disrupting existing business operations.
- Work with the Engineering and Product Leaders and others to help define and refine the data science strategy and roadmap for upcoming quarters.
- Ensure that each of your squad is growing as a human and as a scientist.
Must Have Skills:
- We value humility, a strong work ethic, flexibility, collaboration, technical curiosity, and constant learning.
- Excellent communication skills and Strong data storytelling skills.
- Experience in a B2C company with a track record of using data to innovate and drive growth.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing data science solutions based on complex and ambiguous business requirements.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience with a Bachelorís degree; or 4 years and a Masterís degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience of Data Science management experience leading a team of 3+ people working on Data Science Projects.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Mastery in programming skills in Python and/or R (including Pandas, Scikit-Learn, NumPy, Matplotlib/Seaborn/some other visualization tool).
- Project experience using distributed data analytics technologies (eg Spark, Presto, Hive).
- Project experience in marketing mix modeling, segmentation, LTV and churn prediction, and experimentation.
- Project experience in dynamic pricing and search ranking.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with a modern data pipeline technology stack (e.g., Airflow).
- Kubernetes and/or Mesos experience.
- Kafka, Spark and/or Flink experience.
- Aurora and/or Postgres experience.
- Data visualization using D3.js.
- AWS experience.
- Open source contributions to a few major projects.