Backend Engineer - GOLANG
Backend Engineer - GOLANG
This job allows you to work remotely
Our client is an explosive-growth startup that is out to fix content monetization on the free Web. They've been named a “Top 10 Startup in AdTech” and we work with many of the biggest websites and publishers in the world.
Must Have Skills:
Senior Software Engineer – Backend Team Lead
We are looking for an experienced Backend Software Engineer to join our engineering team as a Team Lead, directly managing a small team to help redefine and expand our cutting-edge adblock recovery platform. You will work with the latest tools and technologies as you expand your technical knowledge and contribute to the business’s success. Since we are a small team, your impact will be felt almost immediately.
We are looking for individuals who thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and are looking to challenge themselves, grow quickly, and make massive contributions to the company’s success.
What you’ll be doing
- Contribute to reducing latency, improving code efficiency of the back end applications using Golang and GCP.
- Design and implement new features in our header bidding and monetization systems.
- Participate in code review sessions and work with other engineers to build optimal solutions.
- Work closely with our Head of Engineering to execute on the product roadmap.
- Have regular 1-on-1s with team members to mentor and help them grow in their careers.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of experience in Golang, Python, Java or other high level programming languages in a professional environment.
- 2+ years experience as a team lead or senior level engineer.
- Experience deploying to cloud platforms (GCP, AWS).
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Be able to move quickly and resolve blockers autonomously.
Bonus if you have
- Understanding of the ad tech ecosystem and/or ad tech experience.
- Experience leading other Engineers.
- Experience with low latency real time distributed systems.
- Strong experience with GCP, containerization and virtualization technologies.
Why would you love working her
- Close-knit culture with transparent leadership that cares
- Generous salary and stock compensation at a fast-growing startup
- 4 weeks vacation
- Health and dental benefits
- Up to $1k WFH office reimbursement
- Go 100% WFH or work out of our sweet office in downtown Toronto, surrounded by some of Toronto’s hottest scaleups
- Experienced WFH/remote candidates who can work Toronto business hours (9-5 ET) as well as local candidates in Toronto are encouraged to apply.