Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer
Toronto, Ontario - Permanent
The Senior .NET Developer will be an integral part of leading the evolution of the our client's platform. This person will report directly to the Director of Software Development & Architecture. They will participate in the ongoing development of their leading edge platform utilizing modern tools and technologies including WWW stack, Microsoft .NET Core, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Azure. This person should have a passion for technical excellence, Internet, e-commerce, creativity and customization.
This person should be self driven and have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy being in a leading position in a fast-pacing start-up culture. They need to be skilled at working with a team, taking on complex challenges, and striving to make the platform the best in the world for their domain.
Responsibilities:- Work in a team environment with a Development and QA to execute software projects using Agile Scrum methodology.
- Design, develop and support web, windows and cloud applications utilizing modern web technologies: Microsoft .NET Core, Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Azure.
- Assist and drive development of use cases and always evolving requirements.
- Work with the QA team to ensure accuracy and solution integrity.
- Solve problems, analyze and weigh alternatives and determine the appropriate course of action.
- Frequently communicate with colleagues to review progress and ensure that requirements have been met.
- Participate in documenting technical solutions; provide technical training and mentoring to other development team members.
Must Have Skills:
- University degree or college diploma in Computer Sciences or related
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
- 7+ years in design and implementation of entire web based and windows based .NET applications
- 4+ years of experience with SQL Server (recent experience required)
- 4+ years experience in C# and MVC ASP.NET or ASP.NET Core (recent experience required)
- 3+ years of experience with Entity Framework or other data access frameworks (recent EF Core is preferred)
- Experience with Agile and Scrum
- Strong understanding of and experience with object oriented programming, software design patterns and development best practices
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 or 2019
- Experience working in a team development environment using source control, issue tracking, knowledge
management and project tracking tools (familiarity with Subversion, Git, Jira, Confluence/Wiki)
- A solid understanding of on-premise and on-cloud paradigms
Nice to Have Skills:
- Microsoft Azure Storage, Azure Serverless, Azure App Platform, .Net Core
- DevOps, CD/CI, Unit and Integration Testing
- Experience integrating with third party APIs: Sendgrid, PayPal API, Payment Processors, etc.,
- Experience working with PDF documents and any third party libraries
- Microservices Architecture and Implementations, DDD Modeling, Eventing
- Familiarity with graphical design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator