Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
This job allows you to work remotely
Our client is an innovative e-commerce shop that is looking to disrupt and fix the cross-border marketplace. They provide the best prices with tiny shipping costs and are able to get you products at the best prices by cutting out the middleman and connecting you with the factories directly.
They are hiring and growing enormously, consistently doubling year over year. They are also backed by the same folks that are behind Tesla, SpaceX and Wish.com. They are building out their foundational team to launch the company into the next phase of growth, and are looking to continuously improve and reshape the online shopping experience for every day consumers.
This is a hands on role which will serve as an IC reporting to the CTO.
Our client is looking for a Django expert to set up a new greenfield codebase with best practices, and CI/CD tooling and test automation in mind. This Senior Software Developer will be working directly with the CTO as well as other senior developers to help define their new domain model, architecture, and tooling to transition a 4 year old Magento-based eCommerce system to Python / Django. It's a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about setting high quality software standards and understands the benefits of speed this can bring the team when it's done right. You will be joining a small but growing team of 2 other developers as a Technical Lead to help us implement the new architecture vision.
As they develop the next generation of eCommerce marketplaces, you'll have a hand in defining their headless microservice approach (React frontend, Django backend, GraphQL APIs) that will power their seller portals, consumer buyer APIs, and data structures & pipelines to feed their data science team to allow for scale.
A successful candidate will be hands-on and motivated to work from DDD to implementation, documentation, tooling and test automation.
What you'll do
- Architecture: As the in-house Django expert, you'll help not only with Domain Modelling and documenting their forward looking architecture but design their systems within Django
- Feature Development: Be part of rebuilding major areas of the existing product features from Magento into internal Python/Django codebase
- CI/CD Tooling: Help with best practices in continuous integration, deployment, dev machine setup, to ensure high productivity amongst the development team
- Test Automation: Lead the charge of high quality software internally by setting up test automation from the ground up.
- Mentorship: Distill information and teach developers around you to ramp them up on becoming productive in the Python & Django ecosystem. Build documentation to set as as the basis of on-boarding a growing development team.
Must Have Skills:
- 5+ Years of deep experience in high scale Python / Django software products
- Deep understanding of Domain & Architectural Modelling
- Demonstrated experience defining & building out microservices
- Experience designing APIs (preferably some understanding of GraphQL)
- Experience working with relational databases like PostgresSQL or MySQL
- Understanding of infrastructure automation tools like Terraform & Ansible and comfortable working within the AWS ecosystem
- Amazing opportunity for growth
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup with huge upside
- Work with some of the most talented technologists in the industry
- Great Work/Life Balance