Senior Product Manager, Consumer
Senior Product Manager, Consumer
This job allows you to work remotely
Join a leading education technology company that’s transforming lives around the world.
Our client was founded by two computer science professors at Stanford with a vision of providing life-transforming learning experiences to anyone, anywhere. It is the world’s largest online learning platform for higher education. 190 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with them to offer courses, Specializations, and degrees that empower over 40 million learners around the world to achieve their career goals. Over 1,800 companies use the company’s enterprise platform to transform their talent. They're backed by leading venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, New Enterprise Associates, GSV Capital, International Finance Corporation, Laureate Education Inc., and Learn Capital.
They're a Silicon Valley based company and have opened their second engineering office in Toronto March 2019. They’re hiring a Software Engineer to join their new Toronto team. This will be a unique opportunity to help bootstrap their new office and work on impactful projects for their fastest growing business line.
Must Have Skills:
Consumer product team’s charter is to create and improve products and services that help consumers achieve their career goals. The team is responsible for driving revenue through consumer growth.
Client recently introduced a new product line which provides unlimited access to 3000+ Guided Projects, courses, Specializations and Professional Certifications at $399/year.
They are looking for a strategic and enterprisel-minded leader to join an exciting and fast-paced team. This role is a good fit for someone who is adept at navigating ambiguity and can connect the dots between different opportunities. In this role, you will focus on subscriber growth and retention. To succeed in this role, you must have a strong product management background, good product instincts, and an analytical mindset to deliver innovative and impactful solutions.
- Set the vision and strategy to grow subscriber and retain existing subscribers
- Define yearly roadmap, establish quarterly OKRs and priorities while focusing on revenue growth, LTV and engagement
- Develop a deep understanding of the learners through research, data analytics and experimentation
- Rapidly iterate and evolve the product to meet the needs of a fast growing business, while creating extensible and scalable global solutions, and simultaneously looking for future user needs
- Build a shared understanding of your vision and gain cross functional alignment to partner and execute on your ideas effectively
- Define and analyze key success metrics for the business; Execute several A/B tests in close partnership with Data Science teams
- Lead end to end product development for key initiatives on the roadmap
- 4+ years of product management experience
- Experience with innovative consumer products and experience in a high growth environment
- Data driven decision maker with extensive experience with A/B testing and collaborating closely with data science partners
- Ability to drive a vision with customer-centric approach to problem solving
- Structured and analytical thinking
- Strong sense of ownership, roll up your sleeves and drive end to end product development
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas
- Experience working with consumer subscription products focused on retention and subscriber growth
- Ability to define vision and execute the end to end product development