This job allows you to work remotely
Our client is an innovative e-commerce shop that is looking to disrupt and fix the cross-border marketplace. They provide the best prices with tiny shipping costs and are able to get you products at the best prices by cutting out the middleman and connecting you with the factories directly.
They are hiring and growing enormously, consistently doubling year over year. They are also backed by the same folks that are behind Tesla, SpaceX and Wish.com. They are building out their foundational team to launch the company into the next phase of growth, and are looking to continuously improve and reshape the online shopping experience for every day consumers.
This is a hands on role which will serve as an IC reporting to the Director of Engineering.
We're looking for a React Engineer to work with the senior team on a modern codebase that serves millions of users across the globe. This role will work alongside the CTO, Director of Engineering as well as other Senior Developers/Designers to help create a modern online shopping experience.
Along with creating a next gen online marketplace, you'll also play a big part in defining a headless MicroServices approach which encompasses a React Frontend, Django Backend, and GraphQL APIs. This will power the frontend of our clients portals, consumer browsing and checkout experiences. You will also be developing growth tests to deliver the best possible experiences we can for our customers, sellers and partners. The right individual will have a desire/motivation to work from DDD to implementation, documentation, tooling and test automation.
What you'll do
Architecture & Feature Development using React
Test Automation: From browser automation tools such as Cypress to JS unit testing and API test automation, you value the importance of test automation as a part of high quality software
Mentorship & Knowledge Share: You enjoy distilling information and teaching developers around you - whether through documentation, workshops or lunch & learns.
- Amazing opportunity for growth
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup with huge upside
- Work with some of the most talented technologists in the industry
- Great Work/Life Balance
Must Have Skills:
- 5+ Years of professional software engineering experience
- 2+ Years of experience on complex React based applications
- Understanding of design patterns and modern React paradigms (hooks for example)
- Demonstrated experience or understanding in defining & building out microservices and event driven architectures
- Experience designing APIs (preferably some understanding of GraphQL)
- Some experience with cross-platform mobile platforms like React Native or Cordova would be beneficial