Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely†
We are seeking a solutions-oriented self-starter who is passionate about designing, building, maintaining, and improving high-throughput, performance-critical, highly scalable applications and APIs using efficient, reusable, reliable, and secure code to join our team as a Backend Developer.
Duties / Responsibilities:● Design, Develop, Test, and Maintain highly scalable, high-performance APIís and Services in NodeJS, PHP, Python, Go and/or other languages
● Write, review, document, and integrate efficient, compliant, tested, modular code.
● Collaborate with other development teams on the design and implementation of features spanning multiple products/services/modules.
● Conduct comprehensive testing and code reviews to ensure that industry coding standards are followed.
● Participate in the development of prototypes and PoCs.
● Write concise, easy to understand documentation including software design, architecture, data flow, usage, and requirements using established best practices
● Help to establish objectives and design functional, cohesive code to translate customer needs into technical action.
● Convert technical requirements into working tests to support TDD
● Analyze call stacks, trace files, debug logs, or performance data to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of bugs, fix defects, and identify areas for improvement.
● Ensure the functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, security, and realistic implementation schedules for projects.
● Improve reliability and performance of core components.
Must Have Skills:
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or another related degree.
● 3-5+ years experience as a Software Developer using object-oriented programming to build scalable applications.
● Experience with Node JS, Python, PHP, Google Compute Engine
● Familiarity with ES6 syntax and/or other coding standards
● Experience with Express.js or other NodeJS Frameworks
● Experience with scalable API development
● Experience with Microservice development
● Knowledge of SQL/NoSQL database
● Strong Experience with Test Driven Development in DevOps and Agile environment.
● Expertise in designing, building, and supporting scalable systems in a production environment.
● Expertise in optimizing SQL databases and designing supportable schemas.
● Expertise managing code in git and resolving merge conflicts and renaming branches.
● Experience with GitFlow or other Branch Strategies
Nice to Have Skills:
● Must have the flexibility to adapt to growing technology and market demands.
● Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem-solve well-judged decisions.
● Strong project management skills; able to identify needs, develop effective solutions, and manage projects through to completion.
● Highly organized, task-oriented, and solution-driven with a strong team orientation.
● Highly self-motivated in pursuing better technical solutions.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable.
● Able to work well under pressure and respond to multiple fast-changing priorities.
● Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.