Toronto, Ontario - Permanent
Our client is the No. 1 Conversation Intelligence Platform for high-growth sales teams. Their Conversation Intelligence Platform identifies and helps teams replicate the performance of top-performing reps by analyzing their sales meetings. These insights serve as the foundation of an effective coaching strategy for sales and customer success teams and provide insight into the voice-of-the-customer across the entire organization. Customers like Zoom, Outreach, Qualtrics, Adobe, and GitLab ramp new hires to productivity 30-50% faster and see an increase in quota attainment from 20-to-100%
They are looking for a hands on technical Engineering Manager to join their team. Their ideal candidate is someone who showcases a high level of technical depth and is passionate about building and managing a high performing team. The Engineering Manager will be based in Toronto and will report into the Director of Engineering.
What You’ll Do:
Management: You recruit, develop, and grow your team. You are responsible for developing your team, running effective 1:1s, guiding growth, and managing performance
Delivery: you are driving delivery for your team in a cross-functional squad; you facilitate planning, prioritization, staffing & sequencing; You are responsible for maintaining a high-quality bar for everything your team ships.
Technical Decisions: your teams will seek your guidance on technical decisions, tradeoffs, and design. You are responsible for coaching engineers towards sound technical decisions
Developing practices & our organization: you work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to define, roll out and continuously improve our processes, practices, and systems
Must Have Skills:
- You have managed engineering teams with a track record of shipping high-quality products
- You create team environments that deliver awesome products, drive collaboration as one team, and are both challenging and empowering
- You have a strong technical background that helps you coach engineers towards sound technical decisions and balanced tradeoffs
- You have a track record of excelling in challenging, high ambiguity situations
- You are comfortable managing in an environment that's partially distributedYou have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.