This job allows you to work remotely†
Our client is a global brand synonymous with Sports and Gaming. Their platform is home to millions of sports fans around the world and provides them with digital media and sports betting. Their app is the most popular of its kind in North America and delivers sports fans unique and highly personalized live scores, news, stats and betting information from their favourite sports teams, leagues and players. Their new betting app delivers a highly immersive mobile betting experience. They are a publicly traded company :)
As part of the team, you will be working with other smart, friendly and dedicated Developers, Product Managers, Systems/DevOps Engineers and designers that are determined to deliver the best apps the market as to offer. They will make you feel challenged and provide you with the full experience of what its like to work at a place this awesome.
What Your Work Day Will Look Like:
- Your time will be split between responding to internal support requests and project-based work.
- Internal Support request: you will be responsible for making configuration changes for the code repository, adding in users, troubleshooting, and other duties that are requested from you when needed.
- Project work: You will build out the infrastructure automation, perform software upgrades, conduct general infrastructure improvements, and other project-based work.
- You will be required to be on call once every 4 weeks to support the team in a variety of capacities as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Work on large distributed systems on public cloud and on-prem locations
- Learn how to manage workloads, at scale, running on Kubernetes
- Fun, relaxed work environment
- Awesome office space conveniently located in the heart of Downtown close to public transit for when things get back to normal or you can work remotely indefinitely
- Top of the line office hardware
- Gamesroom, outdoor patio, snacks, drinks and more!
- Employee stock options, Education credit, access to courses/conferences, and tons of other ways to level up!
Must Have Skills:
Experience in a similar role or heavy systems support role.
Experience working with Containerization (Docker & Kubernetes preferred)
Automation: experience with configuration management and infrastructure as code tools is a must. Terraform (preferred), Ansible, Helm, etc.
Experience with a programming language (Bash & Python preferred).
Extensive experience in Linux.
- Experience working with AWS, GCP, and/or on-premise.
- A combination of a developer and systems administration background would be ideal.
- Ability to work independently and learn quickly with little supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to drop everything and take on an ad-hoc task.
- Youíre the type of individual who is extremely tech-savvy and passionate about learning new technologies and tools.
- A bachelorís degree in computer science, engineering, and/or similar experience.
- Nice to have: Postgres, MySQL, Elastic Search, Kafka, Redis, Helmfile, Terragrunt, Prometheus, and any web programming.