Senior eCommerce Product Designer
Senior eCommerce Product Designer
This job allows you to work remotely†
Our client is an innovative e-commerce shop that is looking to disrupt and fix the cross-border marketplace. They provide the best prices with tiny shipping costs and are able to get you products at the best prices by cutting out the middleman and connecting you with the factories directly.
They are hiring and growing enormously, consistently doubling year over year. They are also backed by the same folks that are behind Tesla, SpaceX and Wish.com. They are building out their foundational team to launch the company into the next phase of growth, and are looking to continuously improve and reshape the online shopping experience for every day consumers.
About the Role
We are looking for a visual and aesthetic heavy Senior Product Designer to add to our client's Design team. Becoming the second member of the design team, this is a huge opportunity for the right candidate to build out the company's design systems from the ground up and reinvent shopping experiences for their marketplace. You will be working with with a cross-functional team to take ownership of creating & pushing a strong interface & brand visual style into their products.
Within your first 30 days you will:
- Familiarize yourself with the customers, products, and personas they've developed
- Meet and get to know your fellow Design, Product & Engineering teammates
- Collaborate with other designers on your first projects on the consumer shopping experience
Within your first 3 months you will:
- Develop a visual style guide, component libraries & design system to speed up production & engineering
- Be involved in designing multiple variations of potential product solutions for growth experiments
- Be iterating towards and building a vision of what the our client's shopping experience will evolve towards
- Launch features across the company's mobile apps, desktop consumer shopping experience and their backend marketplace
- Present at design demos, actively participating in design critiques and work through feedback
What you'll do
Visual Design: Help the team implement beautiful aesthetic designs that match their brand objectives across their mobile & web digital products (consumer buying experience to how sellers interact with the marketplace, and their own internal tools)
Design Systems: Help the company build an internal product style guide: Help streamline their product -> design -> engineering workflow by driving the buildout of an internal visual design language they can centre their experiments & changes from. Standardized components and libraries will allow them to increase their velocity in experimentation to better serve their customers!
Interface Design & Growth Experimentation: Work with the growth team to help bring forth e-commerce UX best practices in building & running experiments that can drive customer acquisition, retention, overall satisfaction.
Must Have Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in Product Design (ideally in eCommerce or B2C consumer products)
- Strong understanding of eCommerce UX best practices
- Mobile-first mindset and ability to design responsive interfaces & interactions across devices and screen sizes
- Would be nice to have an understanding of CSS and technical design implementation
- Great written communication skills to articulate UX and design decisions across a distributed team and to executives
- Strategic mindset and the ability to formulate strong points of view that advocate for the user, balancing business needs and data metrics with the userís experience
- Competitive Salary Package that includes stock options and bonus
- Remote friendly culture (even beyond COVID measures)
- Excellent opportunity to be a part of a well backed startup with tons of upside for growth
- Autonomy, creative freedom, and working alongside a team of rockstars