This job allows you to work remotely
Our client is a Fintech whose innovative products optimize the relationships between landlords, leasing staff, brokers, renters, and tenants by concurrently taking risk out of the leasing process and making it more efficient.
They have achieved 250% year over year growth the last 3 years, successfully raised $15M in a Series B, and are actively expanding their footprint nationwide.
More about why you'll succeed here:
- Technology Enthusiast: You have a huge breadth of experience across tools, frameworks, languages and can easily communicate between trade-offs and the appropriate design for every problem. Build on your experience to adopt new - technologies that can push us forward.
- Product Focused Engineer: You care about the end customer and want to deliver a successful product vs a specific feature. You are curious about the business, how your work will affect the rest of the operations of the company and want
to drive towards the best possible solution for all stakeholders at all times.
- Doing things the right way: We're a strong team with deep philosophies on what it takes to be a software craftsman. You'll learn from us, we'll learn from you and only strengthen our approach.
- Leadership & Influence: You want to be in a position to make hard decisions, lead & inspire teams forward to be better and achieve more.
Responsibilities/Accountabilities:● Building - this is an opportunity to build new and exciting functionality to our platform, you will gather and review high-level business requirements, architect and design new features and services
● Improving - optimize performance, scalability, maintainability and functionality for our SaaS platform by evaluating and recommending tools, technologies and processes
● Digging deep - dive in to analyze and resolve programming and design challenges across a wide variety of areas, including the front and back end code base, databases, cache and deployment infrastructure
● Collaborating - you will communicate and collaborate with team members and other departments in an Agile environment to ensure sprint planning objectives are met and that the project vision is carried out
● Mentoring - you will mentor other developers through your advanced technical knowledge and competency
Must Have Skills:
● Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Web Development, a related field or comparable professional experience
● 9+ years’ experience in software engineering building multiple distributed systems with varying architectural, scalability and security considerations
● 2+ years of experience providing technical leadership in design and architecture, in addition to mentoring and supporting other engineers
● deep technical knowledge of web development tooling & trends, and can be actively involved in technical discussions in system design and front end and back end development
● Substantial experience building REST API in a Microservices architecture
● PostgreSQL or similar SQL database (schema and CRUD operations)
● Worked with message buses, pub/sub, or real time data
● Familiarity with developing for AWS platform using containers
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and you can effectively communicate and collaborate cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical audiences