Senior Java Developer
Senior Java Developer
Montreal, Quebec, Canada - Contract
Our client is working on a multi-year initiative to deliver a first-class banking & lending experience across workplace and direct-to-consumer channels and continue to maintain the customer experience by following a prudent banking integration approach.
They are looking to fill a developer position with the financial conversion squad, for the Banking Integration and Core Platform team. This hands-on developer is responsible for analysis of system requirements, design, and coding, testing, debugging and deployment of applications.
Key business deliverables include: Implementation of Interest and Dividend payments for accounts; certified check payment capabilities on the platform; creation of interfaces to different systems that can be leveraged across multiple platforms; creation of payout management components including payout instructions and user interface development; and creation of dividend and interest payout instructions from the lending partner.
Job Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in Agile Squad as developer
- Ensure high quality of deliverables while enforcing development best practices
- Participate in design discussions and contribute to the architecture process
- Adhere to application development guidelines and help improve the guidelines
- Understand and implement security guidelines and best practices.
- Collaborate as team to deliver complex deliverables
- Conduct knowledge sharing sessions for the team
- Actively contribute and participate in sprint grooming and planning discussions, daily stand-ups, and Agile ceremonies
Must Have Skills:
- 7-8 years of professional experience using Core Java, Java Restful APIs, Gradle, spring, Spring Boot and related frameworks. Experience with Java 8 or higher preferred
- 3+ years’ experience creating/consuming web services and database
- Should have 2+ years’ experience of working with geographically dispersed teams that fall across different time zones.
- Must have a thorough understanding of web technologies and web architectures
- Working understanding of Agile development methodologies and understanding of DevOps Integration
- Developing POCs
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Analysis, Design and Development Skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding and experience with Object-Oriented design and development
Nice to Have Skills:
- Prior knowledge of Kafka and MQ
- Prior work on in the banking/brokerage industry a plus
- Prior work experience with multi-threaded/ performance intensive applications
- Prior work experience with cloud-based applications
- Knowledge of Financial market, Banking and Wealth Management.
- Exposure to JIRA or other ALM tools to create a productive, high quality development environment