Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
This job allows you to work remotely
Our client is in a very unique space. They are extremely passionate about reimagining the veterinary experience from end to end. They have built the first membership-based veterinary practice -- using technology and a focus on hospitality to deliver a more transparent and convenient experience -- that puts pets and their pet parents first. Backed by some of the best consumer investors and fellow entrepreneurs (Lerer Hippeau, Primary, Brand Foundry, the founders of Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, Flatiron Health, One Medical, CityMD and Pop Sugar), they opened their first practice in November 2019 in the heart of the West Village, New York with plans to expand their footprint further in 2020 and beyond.
You will be working across their entire stack to build and maintain a system that allows them to fulfill their mission to:
- Restore dignity to the veterinary profession by providing a better work environment, full benefits, and enhanced earning potential
- Honor the sacred relationship between pet and pet parent by empowering the client with clear explanations using technology as an aid and delivering an elevated overall experience
- Reset client expectations and restore trust by delivering a transparent experience that stands for excellence and provides a dependable quality of care.
They are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to design and deliver the high quality software used to support their member experience and run their practices. Their systems are composed of a Rails Backend, React Frontends, and React-Native iOS/Android apps.
What you will do:
- Become an expert on their technical systems;
- Collaborate with their team to define what the ideal veterinary experience is and how technology can enhance it;
- Help the planning, execution and release of technical projects; Steer technical decisions about infrastructure and architecture;
- Seek the right balance between moving quickly and improving the operability and scalability of the systems we build;
- Implement new features across their web and mobile clients to improve member experience;
- Collaborate with future engineering hires.
Must Have Skills:
- 4+ years of experience writing scalable, high-performant, maintainable, and clean code;
- Possess a working knowledge of relational databases;
- Comfortable working across the stack;
- You enjoy collaborating with non-technical people, and are looking forward to understanding their problems and translating them into technical solutions;
- Experience with Git-based team workflows and modern CI/CD deployment flows.
- Competitive salary;
- Meaningful equity ownership;
- Health, dental + vision insurance;
- Flexible PTO, they respect the need for work/life harmony;
- CitiBike membership, HealthAdvocate membership, One Medical membership, WageWorks commuter benefits, subsidized gym membership;
- Annual management offsite;
- Discounted veterinary care for your loved ones;
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you;
- A collaborative family of people who live their core values and have your back;
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally.