Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Permanent
Our client helps organizations turn any data into fuel for their business. With the most diverse catalogue of data in the world, our client pulls public data from everywhere. They are an emerging force in enterprise data management and hold a unique space above their competitors.
Companies of all sizes are only just beginning to tap into the potential of available data. With internal data being made more accessible through the adoption of proper warehousing, and new streams of external data published daily, the world of data management has never been more dynamic and cumbersome – but there has also never been more opportunity.
About this role:
Our client needs a Site Reliability Engineer who will be a part of their DevOps Team. Someone with expertise in Docker, Kubernetes and Linux and the modern day DevOps ecosystem. We are looking for someone that loves to use new tools and work on challenging problems, picking the right language or technology for the job. A successful candidate for this role will be a skilled systems engineer who has a passion for problem-solving, tooling and automation. You will be heavily involved in the technical design, planning and implementation of solutions which affect the success of developers and projects across the business. Excellent communication skills, initiative and perseverance are required to help you be successful in this role.
What you will do:
- Build out alerting, monitoring, and incident management at various levels of the system
- Craft and continuously improve the lifecycle of services within the business, from inception through implementation
- Maintain live services through monitoring of key performance indicators and intrusion detection, and improve uptime by ensuring seamless updates and
automating fault recovery
- Research and recommend innovative—and where possible automated—approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Continuously learn and adapt to new technologies, infrastructure and frameworks, to ensure seamless deployment, and compliance with security standards
- Assist with the engineering of solutions for various project and operational needs, centered around the cloud infrastructure (Kubernetes/Docker application platforms; various Google Cloud services; Redis and PostgreSQL; RabbitMQ; various warehouse technologies such as: - - - Hadoop, Vertica, BigQuery, and Snowflake)
- Collaboration and engineering of solutions for software developers, as a key DevOps partner and leader
Must Have Skills:
-University degree or college diploma in computer science or equivalent
- Strong scripting experience with the following: Bash; AWS, Google Cloud or Azure SDKs; Chef/Puppet/Ansible; , Ruby, or similar
- Strong knowledge of web application architecture
- Hands-on experience working with containerization technologies such as: Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with monitoring and incident management services such as: Datadog, Stackdriver, PagerDuty, etc.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada