Senior Staff Android Engineer
Senior Staff Android Engineer
Toronto, Ontario - Permanent
Our client is where the world goes to shop, sell, and give. Whether you are buying new or used, plain or luxurious, commonplace or rare, trendy or one-of-a-kind – if it exists in the world, it probably is for sale on our client's platform. Their mission is to be the world’s favourite destination for discovering great value and unique selection. They give sellers the platform, solutions, and support they need to grow their businesses and thrive. They measure their success by their customers' success.
About the team:Their team plays an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. They help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. As a company, they aim to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Their responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
Does creating innovative Android experiences while leveraging APIs excite you? Want to impact the world's largest mobile marketplace? Our client has a place for you!
They are looking for a Senior Staff Android Engineer who is passionate about creating apps that consumers love. This is an amazing opportunity to join a world leader in mobile commerce and directly impact the lives of a global population while increasing the revenue exponentially.
Their Android app, with millions of daily active users, facilitates billions in e-commerce transactions and is the entry point for an increasing number of new customers. Your new team will be focused on delivering holistic and innovative experiences to the apps that delight our customers and move the bar on the industry standard.
They work in small, focused, collaborative project teams and follow an agile methodology. Their cross-functional teams including product management, product development, quality, and user experience research and design work together on a daily basis and enjoy collaborating on large-scale, challenging, and interesting problems. You will feel like you're working in a start-up, while at the same time having the resources of a large company. Working there is a rewarding, challenging, and inspiring experience.
You are an advocate of Agile practices and have demonstrated expertise with:- Designing/giving functional and technical direction to a solution
- TDD, clean code, software craftsmanship
- Testing at all levels (unit, integration, and acceptance)
- Refactoring (esp. refactoring to patterns)
- Static analysis tools
- Continuous delivery and integration
- DB automation scripting
- Story writing, tasking, and estimating
You will also:- Evangelize, mentor, and promote mobile development best practices throughout the company
- Communicate effectively within your team and across teams
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in other teams and other locations
- Identify project risks, quantify risk/benefit relationships, and provide alternative solutions, as well as risk mitigation
You bring to the table:- 10+ years of software design and development experience working on a team
- 6+ years of experience generating commercial-quality Android applications using Java, Kotlin - please provide links to published apps
- User-interface programming experience is an absolute must-have
- A deep understanding of design patterns, and experience working in a layered architecture
- Experience programming in Objective-C, C, C++ or C# is an extra bonus
- Extensive experience with consuming web services will make us love you even more
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required communication is key here
- Any experience in programming other types of mobile devices like iOS, Windows etc., databases (SQL) and experiences in handling O/R mapping, design-patterns and Linux would be additional assets
What they offer:- A competitive salary, great benefits, and lots of employee resources
- A fun-loving, supportive, environment where people are challenged and expected to grow. Plus, they actually like hanging out with each other.
- Potential for career advancement in just about any line of business and the opportunities to work almost anywhere in the world within the company.