Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
Our client brings email intelligence to the capital markets. Purpose-built workflows and real-time analytics help the sell-side more effectively cover more clients. We’re intelligently evolving email to be more valuable and more effective for the entire capital markets industry.
Joining this Engineering team is a unique opportunity to build creative solutions to complex problems, using cutting-edge technology. They’re a rapidly growing FinTech startup with technology at the heart of their vision. As a Software Developer here, your work has an immediate and far-reaching impact on their customers, their business and their team.
They take a data-driven, pragmatic agile approach to solving problems and subscribe to a service ownership model. their developers are involved at every stage of the SDLC, from inception to prioritization, design and coding, automating builds and tests, release management, feature flagging and ongoing site reliability engineering. They take ownership, initiative and pride in their work and support one another’s professional growth and pursuits of technical excellence.
Engineering is well represented in the core founding team here, which means that they work with the best tools for the job. They currently use Java, Scala, Akka, Python, React, NodeJS, PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker, AWS, Github, and CircleCI. Their system is composed of a retreating monolith surrounded by a growing collection of polyrepo microservices. They’re less fussed about how long you’ve been working with these particular technologies and more interested in your knowledge and perspective about them. If tech is more of a passion than a pastime, we are confident you’ll quickly learn what you don’t know about their stack.
What’s most important is that you love the work, respect the team and don’t lose your sense of humour along the journey.
Must Have Skills:
- You have a strong technical base, though not necessarily in their stack
- You have experience delivering reliable, high-performance REST APIs and can speak to salient design and implementation challenges in depth
- You have a strong interest in database & query performance tuning, and have an affinity to becoming an expert in the field
- You have experience working in an agile development environment and are experienced with code reviews, service ownership, fully automated testing, microservices, and rapid/continuous releases
- You have a pragmatic, data-driven mindset and are not dogmatic or overly idealistic about technology choices and trade-offs
- You have an aptitude for learning new things quickly and have the confidence and humility to ask clarifying questions