Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Permanent
Our client is a Toronto home grown, digital wealth management platform powered by advanced analytics and risk management tools that offers transparent portfolio management services to professional advisers and their individual investors. Our goal is to empower wealth management firms to transition into a new business model that is driven by technology and analytics, and provides a richer experience for their clients. Headquartered in Toronto, they are founded and is led by an experienced financial technology team who have developed leading enterprise portfolio systems for many of the world’s banks, institutional asset managers, hedge funds and regulators.
We are looking for a CTO who will be our technology go-to expert and will play an integral role in setting the company’s strategic direction, development, and future growth. In this position, you will
oversee our overall technology development and technology utilization plan, and manage all information technology resources of our company. The CTO will report to the CEO and is responsible for establishing their technical
vision and leading all aspects of company’s technology development. The CTO will plan, organize, and control the company’s day-to-day IT resource activities, and will collaborate with all the important stake holders.You will manage our Software Engineering Team (Front End and Back End Group) and QA Team. The CTO will develop and implement the IT architecture strategies to accommodate current and future organizational needs.
Must Have Skills:
You are an IT professional responsible for all technology systems, processes, software design and development within the company.
• You are a practical engineer that should be ready to build the digital product architecture without third-party help, and remain as the main specialist to implement it; you work in a team as an experienced developer and helps colleagues to solve problematic issues.
• Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships.
• You will be responsible for software engineer selection and hiring, their onboarding, training, and management.
• Oversee several development teams, track progress, and design and implement workflow principles.
• Define the application and other digital products architecture and keep an eye on the latest tech updates, to implement industry-leading new approaches within the company.
• Communicate, make accurate far-sighted decisions, oversee team and department progress, plan new tech competitive advantage development.
• Guiding strategic business decisions from a technological standpoint.
• Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation, and creativity
• Work closely with Finacial Engineering, Product, Business Development and Operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements.
• B.Tech / M. Tech / MBA degree with a passion working in a Fintech Start-Up environment
• Solid technical background: minimum of 10+ years experience in IT field;
• In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development
• Firsthand knowledge in supervising development of software solutions
• Leadership and mentorship: show the company the brand new strategic development way empowered with new technologies;
• Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Proactive problem solver