Full Stack Software Engineer
Full Stack Software Engineer
Toronto, Ontario - Permanent
Are you passionate about using technology to help people? Do you love to code and build fantastic, elegant, scalable platforms and systems?
Our client is committed to bringing evidence-based neural solutions to the world. We’re seeking an enthusiastic Full Stack Software Engineer who will play a key role in developing our unique suite of digital products. If you enjoy using your skills to make a real difference in people’s lives, are self-motivated and have an entrepreneurial spirit, then we want to hear from you!
Their first product, 'Interactive Meditation' is a relaxation and stress management training tool that helps teach awareness, self-regulation and resilience through real-time biofeedback, interactive breathing exercises and mindfulness programs.
Our client recently added to its product suite by acquiring a neurotechnology company that integrates auditory, movement and cognitive exercises to improve brain function. Together, they have have built a community of over 10,000 healthcare professionals in 40 countries, helping hundreds of thousands of children and adults achieve clinically significant improvements in learning, attention, behavior and performance.
What you will do:• Work cross-functionally to iterate and clearly define feature requirements
• Architect, design and develop aspects of the entire web stack including front-end user experiences and backend API’s and services
• Write elegant yet practical, maintainable code
• Develop and maintain effective tests and test coverage
• Practice and evangelize software development best practices
• Relentlessly focus on user experience, platform scale and stability and operational efficiency
• Implement and adhere to software security best practices
• Mentor junior staff
Must Have Skills:
• A strong desire to work for an organization committed to making a positive impact in people’s lives
• Development experience with serverless technologies and cloud architectures
• Experience designing, developing and integrating with API’s
• Familiarity with microservices and associated architectural patterns
• A solid understanding of React.js, frontend JS frameworks/libraries and HTML/CSS
• Experience with unit testing, testing frameworks and continuous deployment
• Awesome communication and collaboration skills
• Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
• The need to enjoy growing, learning and being stretched beyond your role
Nice to Have Skills:
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
• Experience with HIPAA or similar security standards
• Successful product launch and product adoption experience
• Solid foundation and understanding of high availability system architectures
• Comprehensive knowledge of modern databases
• Startup experience working in an iterative, agile product development environment