This job allows you to work remotely
Our client is an emerging start-up who are revitalizing a traditionally male oriented industry with a novel mission sassy branding strategy.
They are among the leading entertainment in their space and have a blossoming ecommerce platform targeted towards women.
We are looking for an intermediate to Senior Fullstack Developer to join their product development team and improve their expanding platform.
What they are looking for …
As an experienced UI/UX Developer, in this role you will design, develop, maintain, and extend a deep understanding of our client’s platform business objectives, customers, and competition - by conducting or participating in relevant user research, competitive analysis, and other design thinking activities.
You will build a close, collaborative, and influential relationship with your agile squad: your product manager, product design lead, and software developers, to define and achieve product objectives, creative approaches, and deliverables...that works directly with the product team and CTO.
• Design, architect and maintain platform
• Implement new product features
• Collaborate with designers and product managers to improve the product, with a focus on the end user’s experience
• Provide technical guidance and mentorship to more junior engineers on the team
• Lead the craftsmanship, reliability, and scalability of your solutions
• Work independently to complete complex development tasks and actively contribute to code reviews
Must Have Skills:
• 3 years or more of relevant UI/UX experience
• 2 years in web design using responsive/mobile-first principles
• Experience with Sketch or Figma
• Strong understanding of web and mobile technologies and associated design principles
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Interest or experience in animation or illustration a benefit
Nice to Have Skills:
•Graphic Design Experience
• Rapidly growing scale-up offering opportunities for career growth and salary increase
• Excellent buy-in and support from Dev and Marketing teams
• Flexible hours
• 2+ weeks’ vacation + paid time off between Christmas and New Year
• Every second Friday off
• Employer-sponsored health and dental plan
• Office location near St-Henri, with free street parking available and large open-concept bright workplace.
• (Post-Covid) Kitchen stocked with free coffee, tea, and snacks
Frequent social events with a close-knit team
• Kitchen stocked with free coffee, tea, and snacks
• Frequent social events with a close-knit team