Senior Platform Engineer
Senior Platform Engineer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
We are seeking a solutions-oriented self-starter who is passionate about Cloud Infrastructure, SaaS Architecture and Security, to join our team as a Senior Platform Engineer.
Duties / Responsibilities:The successful candidate will contribute significantly to the ongoing development, improvement, and maintenance of our cloud-based infrastructure to deliver our SaaS Platform reliably and securely including our application, code delivery, data, and integration pipelines. You will support connectivity for tens of thousands of vehicles across 5 continents on a daily basis and manage scale-up strategies to support rapid growth. To be successful in this role, you will be an individual who is passionate about application and cloud architecture, are compulsive about standards, consistency, and conventions, possess a keen ability to analyze data and identify patterns especially in distributed data systems. In addition, the successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the importance of system reliability and performance and have a strong sense of common security principles. As a senior member of the team, you will be working with team leads and other developers to design, implement and maintain the various infrastructure (platforms) in the cloud (AWS, GCP). If you're comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
Must Have Skills:
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or another related degree.
● 5+ years of hands-on experience in SaaS with 2+ years experience in developing, implementing and maintaining production-level systems
● Deep understanding of large-scale distributed systems (theory and practical experience), design patterns, and object-oriented design principles.
● Experience with AWS, GCP, DevOps, Terraform scripting for automation of CI/CD pipeline
● Experience with Test Driven Development in DevOps and Agile environments
● Strong experience with SQL/NoSQL database
● Past experience with Firebase/TSDB/BigData Solution
● Experience with Google Cloud Platform
In This Role you Will:● Design and implement the data infrastructure platforms including the data ingestion, data consumption, and stream processing using third-party cloud providers.
● Interact with project owners, data engineering team, and related internal customers to collect and document technical requirements.
● Drive and take responsibility for the Security (DevSecOps), and reliability of the infrastructure.
● Research and assess technology environments and trends for best practices to apply.
● Prepare detailed component design and development plans, present them in the infrastructure review meeting.
● Implement approved design following industry best practices and with high adherence to industry standards and established best practices.
● Oversee the collection and analysis of key metrics and reporting dashboards to monitor enterprise data platform performance and reliability.
● Design, implement, and maintain our monitoring and telemetry strategies.
● Project delivery support, monitoring, and reporting as required.
● Mentor other team members toward technical expertise.