Senior Backend Engineer
Senior Backend Engineer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
Our client is featured in LinkedIn's 2020 Top Startups List!
They know that large marketplaces like Amazon have trained us to expect products delivered to our doorsteps within 1-2 days at no extra cost. As a result, millions of sellers on other marketplaces are falling behind, unable to cost-effectively deliver products to their customers. Our client's mission is to transform the [$8-12T] fragmented and outdated logistics industry and build an intelligent, asset-lite network that enables any online seller to offer fast affordable fulfillment.
Our client is different — they are an eclectic group of violinists, economists, ex-consultants, journalists, and more. What unites them together is this factor: a bias for action, curiosity, and entrepreneurial ownership. They're looking for intelligent, driven, and passionate people to help make their vision a reality. They’re based in the heart of San Francisco and building teams around the globe — backed by leading Silicon Valley venture capital firms. If you are excited about joining a people-first company that is driven to power the future of online retail, — we're looking for you. Are you ready?
What you'll do.
- Reinvent fulfillment by designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving pragmatic software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Be a full business owner: shape the foundation of the product and business that you work on
- Actively learn new language, techniques, and methodologies.
Contribute actively to code reviews and design reviews.
- Independent Service Oriented Architectures with services composed of:
- Node, Typescript, MySQL RDS.
- DynamoDB for integration services.
- SQS for queuing.
- We run on AWS
Must Have Skills:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in a related role.
- Insatiable Curiosity, Undying Passion and Ownership to take on hard real world problems.
- Someone who follows TDD or in general likes to write tests.
- Experience shipping production code with full instrumentation: deployment, logging, and monitoring, and documentation.
- Experience processing large amount of data.
- Experience with building and evolving REST APIs.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Must be based in North America.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Master’s, PhD degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
- Prior experience in Supply Chain, Fulfillment, Logistics, Shipping and Warehouse technologies.
- Machine learning, operations research and optimization, developing large software systems, logistics & fulfillment industry, pricing algorithms, shipping technology.
- Rich github or hackathon accolades or other ways you can show that you love to code.
- Fitness Benefits
- Catered Meals
- Commuter Benefits