This job allows you to work remotely
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. This individual will be responsible for developing/improving our cloud strategy, cloud infrastructure, and automation frameworks, as well as deploying, managing, maintaining, scaling, and monitoring. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop infrastructure which can automatically expand to a global scale and to coordinate with other teams from different layers of the infrastructure.
What challenges and opportunities will the DevOps Engineer be working on?
• Define strategies for managing our Kubernetes clusters with respect to security, namespace organization, and improved instrumentation.
• Define strategies for managing our AWS accounts with respect to tagging, cost optimization, security of IAM roles and policies, and networking.
• Create processes for teams and individuals to get access to system resources.
• Maintain continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines, which relies on Jenkins, Shipit
• Maintain controlled and defined access of resources and optimize associated costs on AWS
Must Have Skills:
What you bring to the table
• You have relevant post-secondary education or equivalent work experience. Startup experience is not a strict requirement but a bonus. We welcome people from all work backgrounds and recognize the value of diversity.
• You have experience working with cloud infrastructure. AWS, Terraform and Kubernetes experience is a bonus.
• You enjoy improving technical tooling, automation and processes that make it easier and more efficient for engineering teams to ship quality software. Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI or Drone, or deployment tools such as Shipit is a bonus.
• You get excited about collecting metrics, logging and monitoring for just about everything, then making it easier for others to use these tools. You also have on-call experience for when one of these metrics tells us something went wrong.
• You are comfortable scripting in a language such as Python, Ruby or Bash.
• You have experience with the security, performance, replication, configuration and upgrade process of a relational database such as Postgres.
Nice to Have Skills:
Bonus points if :
• You’ve worked with Ruby/Rails, React Native, or message queues such as Sidekiq or Kafka.
• You’re experienced with microservices and RESTful API standards.
• You’re passionate about building the next generation rewards product.
• You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Lifestyle Spending Accounts and Health Spending Accounts + drug, dental, travel, and group insurance coverage
• Flexible vacation + a work-anywhere-in-the-world program
• Parental leave benefits
• Stock options