Montreal, Quebec - Permanent
Our client incubates and funds companies. Unconstrained by industry, they originate the ideas, hire the early teams, fund, launch, and grow each company, and maintain an integral leadership role from beginning through exit.
They have collectively raised more than $2B in venture capital and employ thousands of people. On the investment side, they are one of the most active early stage funds.
They need professionals with startup experience who can wear multiple hats in a full-stack leadership role. Someone who can take the lead of the technical team, the non-technical founders and product managers to scope, architect, and engineer their platforms.
Must Have Skills:
• Partner with Product, UI/UX and Founders/CEOs to consistently and rapidly deliver high quality solutions for their customers
• You will have spent many years as a software engineer, transitioned to an architect or tech lead role and be a leader today
• You have deep experience with Agile, startups, DevOps and software development practices and management
• You will put mechanisms in place to efficiently and effectively monitor code quality, predictability, resource allocation, application SLAs, security, and regulatory compliance.
• As a leader you will be expected to collaborate with the CTO and other senior leadership to establish, enable and evolve Engineering's vision and mission, inspire the engineering team, lead by example and provide career development.
• You’ll make sure everyone in engineering has the skills, direction, and information they need to build great products.
Nice to Have Skills:
***You will need:
• 3+ years in proven leadership positions, experience with leading small teams or teams in a startup environment
• 8+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Deliver high performing, highly scalable, maintainable, extensible solutions
• Apply best practices of Agility and Scrum in a pragmatic way through deep understanding of each
• Implement technical strategies that align with business objectives
• Create overall technology standards and practices
• Mentor and coach software engineers with varied levels of experience requirements
• High IQ and EQ, proven strong leadership and decision making
• Strong communication skills, ability to articulate and sell a vision
• Strong execution skills and ability to drive action and accountability
• Proven track record of hiring and managing world-class talent
• Proven track record of defining and optimizing processes