Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
We are on a mission to create a world where we can trust technology. We get that isn’t easy, but that’s exactly why we are taking up the challenge.
We help enterprise clients manage cybersecurity risk without slowing down their business. This is achieved by building security into their end-to-end processes with our three offerings: our leading-edge software SD Elements, industry recognized cyber security training, and our renowned Advisory consulting practice.
Application security threats are evolving and accelerating at an exponential rate, and we are playing a lead role to solve this. We’ve built an industry leading product, SD Elements, that helps companies and governments |seamlessly push automated security requirements directly into their development process. The end result is highly secure software. Working with us means you will have the immediate opportunity to make a positive impact on software and hardware security working with industry leaders and agencies.
SD Elements is looking to find a Senior DevOps Engineer with a keen interest in automation, who possesses a strong understanding of software development and deployment. We are looking for someone who is a hybrid systems and software engineer and is interested in taking ownership of scaling, automation and configuration management. The ideal candidate is interested in bridging development, operations and Linux systems programming.
We are well set up for remote employees and welcome remote applicants across Canada!
What you’ll do
• Contribute to well-known open source projects
• Work with and learn from a team of seasoned Operations, Development and Administration experts with expertise in automation and scaling
• Work with bleeding edge and disruptive technologies before general adoption
• Your role will be critical to integrating, deploying and supporting platforms for our enterprise customers
• Create and maintain documentation on configuration, troubleshooting, design etc
Must Have Skills:
What you’ll need to succeed
• 3-5+ years of experience in a DevOps role or a software development role with a DevOps flavour
• 2+ years of experience in operations, administering Linux machines
• 2+ years experience working with container frameworks e.g. Docker, Kubernetes and creating & maintaining HELM charts
• Experience with scripting languages: Python and/or Ruby (preferably exposure to both but not necessary)
• Experience with basic bash scripting
• Experience maintaining a consistent configuration across multiple servers using tools such as puppet, chef or other similar applications.
• Make a difference. Our suite of products and services help make software more secure for our customers, their clients and the world as a whole.
• Have a voice. Be trusted. Our organizational structure and open communication programs create an environment where employees drive the company’s culture and decisions.
• Have fun. Our social events and games around the office are the just a few ways we let loose. We don’t take ourselves too seriously.
• Universal Acceptance. Diversity is our differentiator. We speak up for inclusion. We respect all forms of intelligence.
• Be innovative. We give dedicated time to focus on passion projects and encourage new ideas in all that we do. We encourage disruptive thinking
• Grow your career. We make your growth and learning a priority by giving a dedicated training budget. We create opportunities to take on new projects in security and beyond.
• Find balance. We support work from home, have flexible work hours, and open vacation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).