Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Permanent
Our client brings email intelligence to the capital markets. Purpose-built workflows and real-time analytics help the sell-side more effectively cover more clients. We’re intelligently evolving email to be more valuable and more effective for the entire capital markets industry.
As a Product Designer, you are responsible for understanding the needs of users and the business in order to design features that support business outcomes and exceed user expectations. You will build deep domain and product expertise, transform research and analysis into concepts that form new products and features, and track the performance of your work post-launch.
You will work closely with product managers to identify opportunities, conduct user research, and define user flows. You will ensure the viability of your concepts by partnering with engineers to identify performance considerations and technical constraints that will impact your work. You will also be expected to champion your work by clearly explaining your design decisions and rationale.
As a member of the product design team, you will be responsible for contributing to the overall product design strategy, roadmapping and prioritization. You will be expected to tackle anything from small product changes to large new features and products. You will be expected to participate in the monitoring and upkeep of the product design system, to ensure it remains up-to-date and accurately reflects our design standards.
Responsibilities:- Build product knowledge: Develop a deep domain knowledge of our products, our customers, and how to solve their problems.
- Influence vision and strategy: Contribute to the product design roadmap, help to set and hit ambitious roadmap and cycle goals, and help outline how we'll achieve them by working with our partners across functions.
- Maintain our design system: Continually improve and expand our design system to ensure consistency both internally for front-end engineers and externally for our users.
- Focus on goals and outcomes: Leverage metrics to drive product design decisions, track the performance of designs post-launch, and continue to optimize based on the data.
- Build bridges and collaborate: Partner with product managers and engineers as you work through design problems from beginning to end, translating insights from research and analytics into concepts that form new products and features.
- Create high-quality user experiences: Obsess over usability, performance, and the user experience as you create simple, elegant, solutions to complex interaction problems.
- Communicate about design: Communicate all work clearly and concisely. Actively share feedback and comment on others’ work to help them grow. Help to maintain design documentation for internal teams.
Must Have Skills:
- You have 5+ years of experience in Product Design and/or User Experience Design.
- You are collaborative by nature and value everyone’s perspective. You are a strong facilitator and can help everyone understand the full context of a problem, opportunity, or solution and come to a shared understanding.
- You are outcome-focused and deeply consider how your designs will help the business and our customers achieve their goals.
- You are hypothesis-driven and have a healthy degree of skepticism for the assumptions underpinning your work. You will work to test and validate these assumptions and the designs you create.
- You have a strong grasp of the entire product development process, from problem-solving and system thinking to detailed UI, visual, and interaction design.
- You have experience designing polished, high-fidelity mockups of your solutions using modern design tools such as Figma and Sketch.
- You have experience creating interactive prototypes using tools like Figma, Framer, or InVision
- You have strong communication skills to help people across the company understand the rationale behind your proposals and the complex nuances of design problems.
Nice to Have Skills:
- You have worked in a startup focused on enterprise software.
- You have experience working with or within the capital markets.