Senior UI/React Engineer
Senior UI/React Engineer
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
The Spend Management team’s mission is to create one transformative end-to-end Spend Management solution that our customers find easy to buy, adopt and love.
About Spend Management:
Our Spend Management team provides an end-to-end solution covering the entire Source-to-Pay process. Our Strategic Sourcing fronts the whole process, enabling an organization to track all aspects of sourcing and establishing relationships with suppliers. Our Procurement sits at the core of Spend Management, enabling a rich corporate buying experience and a standards-based integration with Suppliers. Our Inventory offers the flexibility to manage inventory locations, manage stock, track usage and manage replenishment.
About The Role
We are on a journey to modernize our end user experiences across all product areas, and in Spend Management you’ll be participating in that broad corporate strategy. In this role, you will join the team that is seeking to revolutionize cloud-based Procurement software - starting with a modern corporate buying experience and fanning out into all aspects of the broad Source-to-Pay domain. You will be responsible for developing high performance, responsive user interfaces to engage and delight millions of end-users. We are intensely focused on our customers success through adoption of our products and an exceptional user experience is pivotal to that mission. Hence, this role will be on the front lines of a major strategic investment across the company.
What you will do
• Lead initiatives and drive technical execution in support of our UX goals for various corporate buying personas.
• Personally deliver top-quality UI capabilities at pace, while mentoring more junior members of our UI engineering team.
• Partner with technical leads, product management and QA to shape an end-to-end efficient delivery process.
• Support the goals across Workday as we seek efficiency at scale - driving reuse of common components, design patterns, and execution techniques.
• Leverage your knowledge of a consumer shopping experience, coupled with the unique personas and needs in large corporate environments, to develop features that set a new bar in the industry.
Must Have Skills:
• 2+ years experience with React.js.
• Demonstrated technical leadership, mentoring developers at various levels of experience, negotiating with product managers and driving an incremental delivery process.
• Significant experience developing alongside a complex ReST API layer, including experience with GraphQL (a plus).
• Significant experience with agile development processes and a continuous mindset
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with Spend Management, Inventory, Supply Chain or Financials software is a plus
• BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience