Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Permanent
Our client is a communications platform that empowers deskless employees and drives better outcomes for businesses. Backed by the power of behavioural science and the highest user ratings in its category, their platform mobilizes non-desk teams by providing the information, inspiration, and insights employees need to exceed expectations and stay connected at work. Leading brands such as Compass Group, Staples, and Margaritaville rely on this relatively small company to boost employee engagement, exceed sales goals, and transform the customer experience.
They are looking for an intermediate engineer to join us in building and enhancing our employee engagement and communication product. Our current code base includes technologies like Rails, React, MySQL, Redis, Sidekiq and Elasticsearch. Aside from proven technologies we’re also experimenting with Python and Go. We have infrastructure services on GCP and Azure.
As an intermediate engineer, you've encountered and solved problems across the full server-side stack. You are enthusiastic about designing, implementing, and testing new features; from delving into server-side configurations to managing events in the DOM.
- Help architecting, building, deploying and maintaining features
- Surfacing new technologies to help enhance our product
- Regularly improving the code base through identifying and tackling tech debt
- Contribute to designing the long term vision of the app
Must Have Skills:
- 2+ years of experience building and scaling web applications
- Previous history as an intermediate developer (or you're ready to make the jump)
- Familiarity with industry-wide patterns and practices
- Willingness to collaborate across multiple teams
- Comfort with a variety of testing strategies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills