Staff Software Engineer
Staff Software Engineer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
Our client is reinventing a $100 billion industry through an online, wholesale vehicle marketplace that provides car dealerships a more effective and transparent way of buying and selling wholesale vehicles through 20-minute auctions. Their technology modernizes the entire arc of auction operations. They strive to be the most trusted source in the industry for dealers to buy and sell wholesale vehicles.
Who we are looking for:A Staff Software Engineer that will work on a cross-functional agile team in operational tools, product, or infrastructure. You will work alongside software and production engineers to build and ship new features that will drive the growth of the company.
It is expected that you are a technical leader who is able to operate in a high performing team, that you can balance high quality delivery with customer focus, that you have excellent communication skills, and that you have a record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
***What you will do:
•Architect, deliver, and maintain four or more domains/products with many components and services.
•Collaborate with software and production engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of our products.
•Influence companywide engineering standards for tooling, languages, and build systems.
•Develop and implement 2-3 year lifecycle plans for all tools to ensure business risk and liability are accounted for.
•Contribute, influence, and set standards for all technical aspects of a product or service including but not limited to; testing, debugging, performance, languages.
•Implement engineering wide security standards and ensures security compliance for the business.
•Modify and develop custom software patterns as needed to solve the most complex software problems.
•Accountable for the overall performance of products and/or services within a defined area of focus.
•Conduct code reviews, develop high-quality documentation, and build robust test suites for your products.
•Lead team discussions to define requirements on new and current products.
•Respond to and troubleshoot the most complex problems quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
•Act as a mentor or leader for less experienced engineers.
Must Have Skills:
• BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
• Minimum 8+ years of experience with software engineering
• Expert in software design and problem solving across many domains/products.
• Expert in software engineering tooling and mentors and drives adoption for new tools and tooling standards.
• Expert in release, builds, testing and the entirety of the SDLC.
• Expert at debugging distributed systems using distributed tracing and other common tools.
• Prior experience with one or more of these techs will determine which platform and product you could potentially lead:
• AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Terraform
• Kafka, Spark, Databricks, BigQuery, SQL
•Competitive salary and benefits
•Upbeat Innovated Culture
•Professional training opportunities
Our client is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.