Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
Our client is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. They bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind and value for their customers. They do this with a combination of the industry’s best technology and the world’s best people. As a result of their team’s tireless effort and dedication, they’re growing at a staggering rate.
Who we are looking for:An experienced Senior Software Engineer to work in one of our specific product domains. Including platform, DevOps, API, SaaS, and Data / ML.
What you’ll be doing:
• Architect and build entire services including but not limited to; data modeling, storage, message brokers, protocols, interfaces, and front-ends.
• Collaborate with software and production engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of our products.
• Design and develop systems across all major departments including but not limited to; data, enterprise applications, and IT
• Modify and develop custom software patterns as needed to solve highly complex software problems.
• Accountable for the overall performance of products and/or services within a defined area of focus.
• Conduct code reviews, develop high-quality documentation, and build robust test suites for your products.
• Design and build complex systems that can scale rapidly with little maintenance.
• Design and implement effective service/product interfaces.
• Develop complex data models using common patterns like EAV, normal forms, append only, event sourced, or graphs.
• Develop roadmaps and prioritizes technical debt to effectively plan features and work.
• Lead team discussions to define requirements on new and current products.
• Respond to and troubleshoot highly complex problems quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
• Acts as a mentor or leader for less experienced engineers.
• Handle multiple competing priorities in an agile, fast-paced environment.
Must Have Skills:
• BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
• Minimum 6+ years of experience with software engineering
• Expert in software design and problem solving across many domains/products.
• Expert in software engineering tooling
• Expert in release, builds, testing and the entirety of the SDLC.
• Expert at debugging distributed systems using distributed tracing and other common tools.
• Prior experience with one or more of these techs will determine which platform and product you could potentially lead:
• AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Terraform
• Kafka, Spark, Databricks, BigQuery, SQL
• Experience with any of the following frameworks is a plus: Vue,js, React, Angular, Vuex, Axios, Redux, Flux, Vuelidate, TailwindCSS, Bootstrap, SASS, Storybook.
•Competitive salary and benefits.
•Upbeat innovative culture.
•Professional training opportunities.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.