Senior Web Developer
Senior Web Developer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This job allows you to work remotely
Our client is a rapidly growing EdTech Company based in Toronto. They have a vision to help the next gen launch their careers by enabling schools to enroll students more holistically. Our client enhances the school online application process by adding timed video and written interviews (both live and on demand) which helps to showcase the real people behind the applications and not just test numbers.
The team is solving complex problems in the world of higher education by building innovative products that are easy to use. They are a lean, highly collaborative team that takes on big challenges and works quickly and cross-functionally to achieve success for schools and applicants. They strive to maintain an open, hones, and fun place to work that is shaped by the people inside. They are committed to building and supporting talent that reflects their diverse culture.
They are in search of a Senior Web Developer that will work closely with a team that includes developers, designers and product owners to design and build new features and products. You will be shipping code that is used by hundreds of thousands of users (applicants) every year.
They value strong developers who can work across all areas of their tech stack ((EC2, AWS Lambda, Python, React, TypeScript, MySQL, Docker, GraphQL, Redis, ...). As a growing startup, they are able to provide a wide range of challenges and interesting projects, as well as giving their team members the opportunity to develop skills in areas that interest them.
They believe in continuous delivery which enables them to rapidly iterate, deploying changes to production as they're ready, several times a day. If you enjoy building full stack applications from the ground up, leveraging cutting edge technologies that are user friendly and executing like an entrepreneur, then this is the place for you!
Whats Important to You:
- Joining a close-knit team of developers to work on a cloud-based web application using a modern technology stack (EC2, AWS Lambda, Python, React, TypeScript, MySQL, Docker, GraphQL, Redis, ...)
- Taking ownership of full-stack feature delivery, from conception and design to coding and deployment
- Collaborating with your team to solve tough technical and business challenges and write great code in the process
- Thinking about how to build high-performing, resilient, scalable software with an emphasis on code quality through unit and integration testing
- Helping to define the infrastructure on which your code runs and support it in production
- Working with the DevOps team to create tools, alerts, instrumentation and monitoring for the code you write to ensure our applications are up and running smoothly
- Growing in your career while contributing to the teams success in the fast growing EdTech industry and helping us become innovators in this space
Must Have Skills:
What You Bring:
- 5+ years building web applications with an emphasis on the backend
- Degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field
- Strong working knowledge of Python and Django (or a similar web framework)
- Hands-on experience working on and supporting a live production environment
- Experience with AWS or cloud technologies is nice to have
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Company-provided MacBook
- 4 weeks of annual vacation plus office shut-down between Christmas and New Year’s
- Annual $1,000 professional development budget
- Dental and medical benefits package
- Stock option purchase program
- Office in downtown Toronto (Yorkville) or 100% remote option
- Annual company retreat
- Weekly TGIF hang-out every Friday
- Quarterly company-wide town hall meeting followed by fun activities afterwards